Need suggestions for new gaming rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got to thinking and after you told me you have a 19 inch stick with the video card and upgrade a few other things.

For a case this one of my more favorite ones.

Newegg.com - XION Stacker XON-791B Black Steel Chassis with Aluminum Front Door ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

it isn't the best looking but it is a good case. If you want a cool one but good looking...then this is nice

Newegg.com - NZXT Apollo SILVER NP Silver SECC Steel Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

If you don't need SLI I would get the Corsair 620HX PSU for the same price as the OCZ one as it is VERY good.

Then if you have left over cash grab another 2GB I guess.

Wow...that XION case looks like the Thermaltake Armor.

XION stole thermaltake and CM stackers look really lmao. However the case is still god for the price, regardless if the look was jacked.

Those parts you have chosen are awesome now, nice build there ;)

XION stole thermaltake and CM stackers look really lmao. However the case is still god for the price, regardless if the look was jacked.

Those parts you have chosen are awesome now, nice build there ;)

lol, thanks to you and everyone for the help. I feel much more confident about buying this thing now. Just have to wait for the C2D price drop =-o.

Any recommendations for heat sinks? Newegg.com - ZALMAN CNPS9500 AT 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink - Retail is that one any good?

CASE: NZXT Khaos Black Full Tower 420W Case w/ Side Panel Mesh

POWER:1,000 Watts Power CoolerMaster 1,000 Watts Real Power Pro - Quad SLI Ready)

CPU: AMD Phenomâ„¢ X4 9950 Black Edition Quad-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology

COOLING: Asetek Liquid CPU Cooling System (Extreme Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)

MOTHERBOARD: Asus M3A79-T Deluxe 790FX CrossFire Chipset with Quad PCIE slot DDR2/1066 SATA RAID MB w/GbLAN, USB2.0, IEEE1394, & 7.1Audio

WIRING: Professional Wiring for All WIRINGs Inside The System Chasis with High Performance Thermal Compound on CPU (Professional Wiring for All WIRINGs Inside The System Chasis with High Performance Thermal Compound on CPU) and Round Cable Upgrade for Optical Drive

MEMORY: (Req.DDR2 MainBoard) 4GB (2x2GB) PC8500 DDR2/1066 Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Dominator)

VIDEO CARD: ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2 2GB DDR5 PCI-Express Dual DVI-I & TVO (Major Brand Powered by ATI)
VIDEO CARD 2: NONE
VIDEO CARD 3: NONE

HARD DRIVE: Single Hard Drive (64 GB 2.5 inch SATA Gaming MLC Solid State Disk (Nearly Instant Data Access Technology))

Data Hard Drive: NONE

Optical Drive: (Special Price) LG 20X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BLACK COLOR)
Optical Drive 2: NONE

SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

NETCARD: Killer M1 10/100/1000 Gigabit High Speed Online Gaming PCI Network Interface Card

WIRELESS CARD: PCI Wireless 802.11g 54Mbps Network Interface Card.... Its Cheap. Who cares.

USB: AZiO High-Speed USB2.0 4-Port Hub

OS: Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional w/ Service Pack 3

WARRANTY: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS 24/7 LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT ( Live From INDIA!!!!) LOL

$2411.00

FREE STUFF:
FREE! CyberPower Multi-Purpose Carrying Briefcase ($19.99 Value) FREE! (Age of Conan) Game FREE! Cyberpower Unleash The Power T-Shirt with AMD Logo on the back

This is made to last a few years I think may want to just add the same type of RAM later to get to 8G. Honestly I am not sure what is the fastest CPU by AMD. Even if the AMD is slower than Item for somethings it is still faster for gaming by almost 5% considering that Itel is 3.2% below baseline. Plus AMD works better with the new ATI HD4870X2. Don't think you can go wrong with ASUS as well. If anyone wants to mod this set up I am glad to hear it. I am trying to config my system that I want as well. I am looking for the Fastest gaming setup for around 2500 bucks US. Solid State HD OMG its awesome!

CASE: NZXT Khaos Black Full Tower 420W Case w/ Side Panel Mesh

POWER:1,000 Watts Power CoolerMaster 1,000 Watts Real Power Pro - Quad SLI Ready)

CPU: AMD Phenomâ„¢ X4 9950 Black Edition Quad-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology

COOLING: Asetek Liquid CPU Cooling System (Extreme Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)

MOTHERBOARD: Asus M3A79-T Deluxe 790FX CrossFire Chipset with Quad PCIE slot DDR2/1066 SATA RAID MB w/GbLAN, USB2.0, IEEE1394, & 7.1Audio

WIRING: Professional Wiring for All WIRINGs Inside The System Chasis with High Performance Thermal Compound on CPU (Professional Wiring for All WIRINGs Inside The System Chasis with High Performance Thermal Compound on CPU) and Round Cable Upgrade for Optical Drive

MEMORY: (Req.DDR2 MainBoard) 4GB (2x2GB) PC8500 DDR2/1066 Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Dominator)

VIDEO CARD: ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2 2GB DDR5 PCI-Express Dual DVI-I & TVO (Major Brand Powered by ATI)
VIDEO CARD 2: NONE
VIDEO CARD 3: NONE

HARD DRIVE: Single Hard Drive (64 GB 2.5 inch SATA Gaming MLC Solid State Disk (Nearly Instant Data Access Technology))

Data Hard Drive: NONE

Optical Drive: (Special Price) LG 20X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BLACK COLOR)
Optical Drive 2: NONE

SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

NETCARD: Killer M1 10/100/1000 Gigabit High Speed Online Gaming PCI Network Interface Card

WIRELESS CARD: PCI Wireless 802.11g 54Mbps Network Interface Card.... Its Cheap. Who cares.

USB: AZiO High-Speed USB2.0 4-Port Hub

OS: Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional w/ Service Pack 3

WARRANTY: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS 24/7 LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT ( Live From INDIA!!!!) LOL

$2411.00

FREE STUFF:
FREE! CyberPower Multi-Purpose Carrying Briefcase ($19.99 Value) FREE! (Age of Conan) Game FREE! Cyberpower Unleash The Power T-Shirt with AMD Logo on the back

This is made to last a few years I think may want to just add the same type of RAM later to get to 8G. Honestly I am not sure what is the fastest CPU by AMD. Even if the AMD is slower than Item for somethings it is still faster for gaming by almost 5% considering that Itel is 3.2% below baseline. Plus AMD works better with the new ATI HD4870X2. Don't think you can go wrong with ASUS as well. If anyone wants to mod this set up I am glad to hear it. I am trying to config my system that I want as well. I am looking for the Fastest gaming setup for around 2500 bucks US. Solid State HD OMG its awesome!
this thread is ancient, why did you even bother posting in here? brings back memories though, b1gapl was THE man back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom