hypothetical computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know what i'd get if i had all the money and time i wanted

Core i7 965, Gigabyte EX58-EXTREME, 6GB OCZ Platinum PC3-16000, 2x Sapphire Radeon HD4870X2 for QuadFire, 3 eVGA GeForce GTX 280s (so I can swap between nv and ati cards from time to time... just for fun), Fusion-IO ioDrive for the OS (800MB/s!!!), 3x 300GB WD Velociraptor for storage in RAID5, Enermax Galaxy 1000W PSU, LG BluRay Burner... then I'd build myself a custom 4 stage cascade with some clever tubing arrangements so i can use it as a single stage to -50C 24/7, then open a couple valves, close a couple others and go down to -160C (at least) for some intense benchmarks

welp bongwizard said everything i wanted... fusion io ftw!!!!!

4 stage kaskade.. mm mmmm it'd be loud as **** using that.. be like sitting next to a frige all **** day...

then I'd build myself a custom 4 stage cascade with some clever tubing arrangements so i can use it as a single stage to -50C 24/7, then open a couple valves, close a couple others and go down to -160C (at least) for some intense benchmarks

I don't believe anyone has ever made a 4 stage cascade for cpu cooling...

There just is no reason. A 3 stage will keep a chip colder than it will even boot up at...

i'd buy one of those really small computers someone posted, spaces cubes or wateva, then chuck it in the bin

I don't believe anyone has ever made a 4 stage cascade for cpu cooling...

There just is no reason. A 3 stage will keep a chip colder than it will even boot up at...

Cold_ice -> 4 stage cascade - XtremeSystems Forums

down to -161.6°C with methane!

could just whack the thing in a sound proofed box and cut a little hole for the first stage condenser

and remember... a CPU will boot on ln2, and that evaporates at 77.36K (-195.79°C)... a three stage usually goes to -127.8°C with tetrafluoromethane (R14), but i suppose you could build a methane condenser in 3 stages... it would be wicked loud tho

and remember... a CPU will boot on ln2, and that evaporates at 77.36K (-195.79°C)... a three stage usually goes to -127.8°C with tetrafluoromethane (R14), but i suppose you could build a methane condenser in 3 stages... it would be wicked loud tho

Not all CPU's will boot that cold. Most Core 2 achietecture chips won't boot at temps lower than -160C. And some chips temps need to be even higher.

Older processors were more tolerant of cold temps. Hence the reason why you see 7+ghz P4's...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom