what the heck is xp sp2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quantum said:
As far as installing SP2, don't. Only rule.

I believe m$ is making it a mandatory updat now. I have been trying to get by this but havent found a way unless you stop doing updates.

I've had XP-SP2 since it was released, on both work and home machines, and have encountered minor problems at worst.

A lot of people are screaming about SP2 being bad because they're just MS bashers and hate everything that MS puts out, good or bad.

So far I've half fallen in love with SP2's new security and blocking features for IE, and there have been some subtle file navigation issues that I've discovered and liked. The active desktop has become a little sluggish on my home machine, but that is because my home machine is OLD. Also, there's these new processes (inet*) that are okay...but one of them sucks up nearly 8 megs of RAM just to run, which blows. Soon as I find out what it's really doing and how much it'll effect the new features to have it "removed" I'll do so.

Other than that, SP2 has been pretty seamless.

I've installed many SP2 by now on many different systems and sorry to say this but the real problem lies betwen the monitor and the keyboard. Talking of MS being pirates, I've herd a rumor that they want to release their own AV, and scan your system for "viruses" (serial numbers)!

MS's AV may be good. Since Xbox and WinXP, I believe they can put out quality products if thier engineers and programmers are allowed to do thier jobs. maybe MS will learn to let them do what they can do best.

I've been using SP2 on my laptop since it was release. I haven't had any problems at all. And with the introduction of a built in pop up blocker for IE that works just as good as firefox or some third party software, I don't have to worry about whether I am going to be able to visit a site correctly or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom