Finding drivers without the name

Status
Not open for further replies.

phandentium

In Runtime
I just reinstalled my a laptop of mine (Compaq Presario 1510t) but I seem to have a problem. I need the drivers for my sound card, though I do not know the name of my card. I am currently running on Windows 2000, so I have no way of updating drivers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello,

Checked and can't find an audio driver for this laptop model on HP/Compaq website.

Searching on google was also fruitless, bar one webpage stating that the HP Compaq 1510t as an Integrated ALi M5451 audio chip. If this source is correct, then try downloading and installing the following driver:

|MG| ALi Integrated Driver 2.13 WHQL

What has worked for me before is to look at the card and Google some numbers on it. For example, it might be an alphanumerical series printed on the PCB of the card in question. This has worked for me before several times, but it doesn't always. Maybe give that a shot.

Just noticed this under your avatar: LOL

Pinging you with 127.0.0.1
LOL !

Hello,

Checked and can't find an audio driver for this laptop model on HP/Compaq website.

Searching on google was also fruitless, bar one webpage stating that the HP Compaq 1510t as an Integrated ALi M5451 audio chip. If this source is correct, then try downloading and installing the following driver:

|MG| ALi Integrated Driver 2.13 WHQL

I wish that this was the case. However, I already attempted to install these drivers and they are not the ones I'm looking for.

phandentium,

Is there a way you can open up the laptop and look at the soundcard ? And then Google numbers on the card ? It has worked for me in desktops, I though it might in this case for your laptop.

I solved the problem. Using the program "Unknown Device Identifier" I was able to figure out the name of my sound card. After searching I found out it was an ALI 5451 Audio Accelerator.

For reference purposes, here is a download link:
Elitegroup K7AMA Driver Download

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom