Dual monitor extended desktop issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfenwick

Fully Optimized
So have been trying to get GPU2 to work now for a couple of days on my duel 8800GT setup....GPU2 has been as annoying as my screaming 7 month old in the background :p GPU1 installed without issue.

Anyways, I keep getting the message when I click on GPU2 shortcut that I need drivers that support the client and it refers me to the Stanford client page. I know I have the correct client, the CUDA tools and the proper procedures for setting up duel GPUs for folding, I've done it before.

Anyways, i figured i needed to extend the desktop so it would register as duel monitors (supposedly this usually fixes the above message)...no problem, extended them....didn't work. So figured I'd actually hook up a second monitor to see if that would work, no go...so gave up and went to bed.

Now my problem is that this morning it's running extended desktop on duel monitors but I can't get the second monitor to show a picture. And all the programs open up on that window....so I can't do anything, I have my start menu etc...but I can't use anything and can't disable duel monitors or extended desktop as the window opens up on the dead side. Is there a quick fix to this or do I have to yank the gpu?

The monitor is good and I've swapped the connections to just one monitor, two monitors on one card, different HDMI connections on the cards, swapped the monitors entirely...nothing changes that the programs are not opening up on the primary monitor.

Am dead in the water and would like to get back to trying to fix my gpu2 folding problem. Thanks for any suggestions.

Can you get to the monitor properties?

A quick way to get program window moved is bto right click on it on the tasskbar and hit move. THEN use the arrows keys.

You'll need to use the monitor properties, through the control panels, to set the one you want to be the primary.. You probably clicked the make primary button by mistake.

G/l

Golden...didn't know to move like that :p

Thanks, problem solved and GPU2 now up and running as well.

Yha.. Usng excel spanned over 2 monitors teaches you those tricks... Cause the size stays the same when you open them on a single screen. So you sorta lose windows and gotta get it back.

good to have you folding again.

Good to be back...freak'n 3 RMAs of 3 different parts in 3 different systems all within a couple of days. Had to salvage what I could and make one system functional for daily use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom