hp pavillion hd 8000 with xp dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

FISHERPERSON

Solid State Member
i have a hp pavillion hd 8000 with win xp on it. it went dead just showing a black scree on start up. i can get into the bios setup on it i think.
could some one expalin the exact proceedure to make sure i get into the proper section in the bios settings and how to reformat it so i can reload win xp on it. thanx. im kinda new to this stuff... thanx and gods pseed to all...f.p.

Hello,

Sorry about that.

Firstly, where exactly do you encounter the black screen? Is it after the POST sequence (after the HP splash/logo screen)?

Before you re-install XP, have you tried to see if you can bring up the Safe Mode boot options, and boot into safe mode?

Failing the above, go ahead and re-install XP. The procedure for this will depend upon several things. Firstly, whether your PC has a recovery partition on the hard drive (which the majority of HP laptop have at factory configuration) and whether you have a set of system recovery discs (either manually created yourself using the HP Recovery CD Creator when your system was functional or provided by HP).

If you have a recovery partition on your hard drive which is undamaged, you should be able to power on the laptop and press the corresponding key to start the System Recovery procedure. If you have a set of recovery discs, then all you need to do is go into the BIOS and set your CD drive has the primary boot device, insert the first CD into the drive, power on the laptop, boot into the disc and follow the on screen instructions to start the system recovery. You may also intend to re-install Windows XP using a retail installation CD, in which case the steps for this are the same as the previous.

Of course, whether your PC has a recovery partition on the hard drive, or whether you needed to manually create a set of system recovery discs depends on your particular PC model (of which I can't find any information for on the HP website, or on google). Are you certain that 'HP Pavillion HD 8000' is the model name, and is it a notebook or desktop PC?

i apologize
i was taking viruses off
and there is no partition on it
when i start the comp hp flashes and thats it ....it then goes black
i can get into the safe mode
but i want to reformat the hard drive and reinstall win xp
i was wondering how oyu do this..... in the safe mode?
what buttons do i push on tsrat up ...f2.....f10?
i m pretty new at this reformat stuff
thanx....

Hello,

Alright. In order to re-install Windows you'll need a set of system recovery discs or a Windows XP setup disc (of the same edition i.e: Home or Professional). Do you have either one of these?

Hello,

Make sure that you've set your CD drive as the primary boot device in your BIOS settings. Next, power on the PC with the Windows XP setup disc inserted, then when prompted, press any key to boot into the CD.

Once loaded, follow the on screen instructions.

k
back in a bit
im gonna try it
do i have to format the comp first?

k
back in a bit
im gonna try it
do i have to format the comp first?

i want to reformat the comp then install the stuff
how can i do that

how do i reformat the comp through the bios setting?
that is what i need to know foirst i guess
the disks im using didnt come with this comp
they are legal

Hello,

Okay. I'll explain it a bit better.

The procedure for both formatting the hard drive and re-installing Windows XP is simply the steps I outlined in my previous post. Basically, you just need to boot into the Windows XP Setup Disc. There, you can format and then install Windows XP.

However, in order to be able to boot into the Windows XP setup disc, you must first ensure that your CD drive is set as the primary boot device in your BIOS settings, else your computer won't try to boot into the disc. Once you've done that, power on the computer with your setup disc in the CD drive, and whem prompted, press any key on the keyboard to boot into the Windows XP setup disc.

Hello,

Okay. I'll explain it a bit better.

The procedure for both formatting the hard drive and re-installing Windows XP is simply the steps I outlined in my previous post. Basically, you just need to boot into the Windows XP Setup Disc. There, you can format and then install Windows XP.

However, in order to be able to boot into the Windows XP setup disc, you must first ensure that your CD drive is set as the primary boot device in your BIOS settings, else your computer won't try to boot into the disc. Once you've done that, power on the computer with your setup disc in the CD drive, and whem prompted, press any key on the keyboard to boot into the Windows XP setup disc.

thanx its doing it now
im kinda new at this
it took me a minute or two or three to figure it out but it is doing it now
how long does it take to reformat and have the info off of the disk to load up?
thanx
im just ignorant
but i will learn from hands on experience

i will post up the results or more questions
peace and thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom