The Official NosBoost300 Overclocking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intel is biased cause i see it recommended for even lower end build, and htpc's.

htpc's amd just owns in, yet intel still gets recommended.

to be fair, when was the last time you saw someone ask about a htpc build though. granted they do have niches in the market but intel has more in my opinion. My first pc's were all AMD/ATI so I'm gonna admit I'm a fan boy but it just so happens that for the price/performance intel is a better choice and I want faster and cheaper which intel gives me, sadly not amd.

I wouldn't say there is a intel bias, they have the best performing cpu's and in some cases even the best price/performance ones so they are what is recommended. There are a lot of good low end intel cpu's now like the E2180 and E5200 so that's why they are recommended. I agree AMD is better for htpc's or any system that will be using integrated graphics, which is why I used a 780g mobo in our family system. Recently several of the htpc builds I have seen were using pretty decent dedicated cards so there was no reason to go with AMD in that case.

I think you could make a case for the forums being amd biased too but in general I think they are pretty neutral.

i think for the most part we do a good job of recommending the best possibilities out there and currently its all about intel's core2duo architecture. i'm sure a few years back nobody would recommend a p4 over an amd 64 or a pentium D over an amd x2.. so it just goes with the flow.

as said before... amd themselves said it will only by 10-15 percent better than its current phenom... and it is the same as the shanghai core... and that only matches kentsfield...

i have high hopes of amd doing well don't get me wrong... but it ain't no i7 killer.. not by a long shot...

i'm glad they're back in the race though.. because we needed it... 650 q9650's just ain't cutting it...

Intel is biased cause i see it recommended for even lower end build, and htpc's.

htpc's amd just owns in, yet intel still gets recommended.

Blame the E2*** series? E5200?

If it weren't for the E2*** series and the E5200, I have a feeling we'd be giving more and more AMD recommendations.

Still though even the E7200 is priced fairly low.

If it weren't for the E2*** series and the E5200, I have a feeling we'd be giving more and more AMD recommendations.

Don't forget the Celery Dual-Core's that Ricanflow has ;)

Im not talking about chips, im talking about chipsets.. as in 780G and up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom