packard bell club 65

Status
Not open for further replies.

demooseus

Solid State Member
i am in the process of upgrading a packard bell club 65.i do not have all the documentation on the machine,and was wondering if anyone out there could help.
it has a celeron processor-which i understand runs at 433mhz.
will a have to install the ram in pairs or can i insert singularly?
the ram in question is SDram pc100 dimm.i want to goto 128 mb.
also i would like to know what type of hard drive i need to install.
will it support ATAPI(ATA4 +)?
help will be greatly appreciated!

I would go ahead and do a completely new build. Dont think its much worth upgrading a system like that...

yes i can understand that.but the person i am upgrading for uses the computer 3-4 times a week,mainly for office/accounts-and just wants a bit faster more reliable computer,so would appreciate feedback of the positive kind that will help me out.it is not worthy the cost of a new system-an upgrade is not going to cost that much!!

for like 300-400 bucks u cn get a complete pc thats bout 10x faster than that one... and less of a hassle hehe

ehhh if you REALLY want to do it then just download CPU-Z, run that program, find out the make of your motherboard...get some info find out how much ram it can hold. how many pieces it can hold and then just buy whatever size stick you want. 128 of pc100 should be cheap as hell you might as well get 256....on top of that I'm sure you can get a 750MHz celeron for a cheap too. check out www.zipzoomfly.com www.newegg.com www.svc.com www.xoxide.com www.hotbean.com www.pricewatch.com and bargain shop....those are all pretty decent sites =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom