USB or PS/2 Not working $100 Paypal Reward

Status
Not open for further replies.

demiZE

Baseband Member
So I just built a new computer. I didnt have a case so I put it in a cardboard box until I get one. When I turned it on it told me to reset so I did.

Press Enter to Install XP

I press enter but it doesn't do anything. I tried it with different keyboards. Please tell me how to fix this.

Is there something that I need to plug in for the USB to work.

Sorry for triple post :(. I really want to finish this tonight.

Whoever finds a way to fix this gets 100 dollars sent to there paypal.

Go to the BIOS and make sure that under 'integrated peripherals' (or something like that depending on the BIOS) that USB keyboard/mouse is turned ON.

Firstly check your plugged them in the right colored spot..

Many a times I've had friends screw up by plugging them in the wrong place..

If that fails try to pull the CMO's battery, or if your board might have jumpers on the board that have to be moved for the stuff to work

Re: USB not working.

Hello,

Does your keyboard work when the system POSTs (that is, can you press the assigned key on the keyboard to enter the BIOS when you power on the system)?

What motherboard do you have?

BIOSTAR

This is the motherboard I have... It doesnt even tell me what key to get into the bios. I spam a lot of keys like F1, F2, Delete but the bios doesn't pop up.

Yes I plugged it into the right spot.

According to your manual its Del

EDIT: make sure in the Advanced that Legacy USB Devices is enabled

EDIT2: go into Boot, and make sure Boot Num Lock (this one is not necessary but I like to keep it on so I know quickly if the Keyboard isn't detected) and PS/2 Mouse support is on

When I click DEL it doesnt pop up. I know for sure the button is delete now. THat means my keyboard doesnt work for that either.

You may need to get a PS/2 keyboard and press Del several times imediatly after you press the power button, then look for Legacy USB Device or USB Keyboard and make sure it is Enabled, that way you can use USB keyboards to install the OS. USB keyboards usualy work to get into the BIOS but the USB ports could be damaged....

I tried that and it doesnt work.

The only reason I bought this ps/2 is to turn on legacy usb but it ended up not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom