Lenovo L222 vs. Acer X223

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkf76

My Swag is on!
Let me first say that I currently own a Samsung SyncMaster 914v 19" LCD monitor, it's been good to me for the 3 years that I've owned it but I think the time has come to upgrade. This was my first LCD monitor and I don't have much experience with any others besides my dad's 24" HP HD display, which has provided a little bit of the motivation for me to upgrade. I went up to Portland to setup his rig, get it all updated and all that good stuff and when I came home to my puny little 19" screen I was very disappointed.

The Acer X223 caught my eye first, only because I can get it for $129 on black friday. But **** it's an ugly looking piece.

24-009-145-16.jpg

The buttons along the bottom just scream "cheap" The specs though seem decent enough

Screen Size 22"
Widescreen Yes
Maximum Resolution 1680 x 1050
Recommended Resolution 1680 x 1050
Viewing Angle 170°(H) / 160°(V)
Pixel Pitch 0.282mm
Display Colors 16.7 Million
Brightness 300 cd/m2
Contrast Ratio 2500:1
Response Time 5ms

But then I seen the Lenovo L222 and I fell in love

550480.jpg

Classy black piano finish (matches my computer speakers), modern looking stand with built in cable management and the blue backlit touch sensitive "buttons" are another nice touch (matches my Samsung ML-1630 Laser printer). The specs seem pretty decent too.

Screen Size 22"
Widescreen Yes
Maximum Resolution 1680 x 1050
Recommended Resolution 1680 x 1050
Viewing Angle 160°(H) / 160°(V)
Pixel Pitch 0.282mm
Display Colors 16.7 Million
Brightness 300 cd/m2
Contrast Ratio 1000:1
Response Time 5ms

This one is a bit more expensive, about $200. Which one is better and why? I don't game, I just surf and watch movies and don't want/need the best of the best, I just want to feel like I upgraded when I do make the jump. Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure about the picture quality for either but you are ablolutely right about how good the lenovo looks and quite frankly, if you don't get it you will always be looking at your acer and thinking about the lenovo, you will never think of the $70 you saved. Plus they both seem like a good pice to me.

I'm not sure about the picture quality for either but you are ablolutely right about how good the lenovo looks and quite frankly, if you don't get it you will always be looking at your acer and thinking about the lenovo, you will never think of the $70 you saved. Plus they both seem like a good pice to me.
Thanks for your honesty, I agree with you 100%. Both of these monitors have better specs than my current monitor so I imagine I'd be happy with either one, moreso the Lenovo since it's unequivocally sexy.

Anybody else seen either of these monitors and can share your experience with them?

i have an acer x243w and i can assure you that it is a fantastic monitor. it looks just like that 22", cept its 24".
i vote that. the lenovo is a little too modernish-nouveu for me. like if you had that monitor you would also have a white couch with only one arm. just my opinion. the acer rocks. i had that same 22" before i had this 24". now my mom has the 22" and she doesnt have any interior decorators yelling at her.
as far as which one is the better buy, its whichever one you want more. sounds like the lenovo has won your heart.

i have an acer x243w and i can assure you that it is a fantastic monitor. it looks just like that 22", cept its 24".
i vote that. the lenovo is a little too modernish-nouveu for me. like if you had that monitor you would also have a white couch with only one arm. just my opinion. the acer rocks. i had that same 22" before i had this 24". now my mom has the 22" and she doesnt have any interior decorators yelling at her.
as far as which one is the better buy, its whichever one you want more. sounds like the lenovo has won your heart.
You just don't like the modern styling huh? That's what I love about it, plus it ties in with the other hardware I have on my desk so it seems the perfect choice for me. And no, there's no white one arm couch in my living room:D

lol @ the white couch. nah, i really dont care for the base of that monitor (it looks like it would be a little unstable). but the finish looks REALLY nice. its a good-looking monitor for sure, just not my style.

lol @ the white couch. nah, i really dont care for the base of that monitor (it looks like it would be a little unstable). but the finish looks REALLY nice. its a good-looking monitor for sure, just not my style.
one thing that would be a deal breaker for me though is if the screen isn't anti-glare, my Samsung has me spoiled with that so I can accept no less.

no glare on the acer, at least not in my room.
the only way I'd get that Acer is if the graphical display were night and day better than the Lenovo, i'm just not feeling that Acer at all, looks cheap and those big grey buttons at the bottom are to blame. Without those buttons there I'd be all over it but those buttons are a deal breaker, unless that display simply kills the Lenovo as far as display output

they dont stand out nearly as much in real life as they do in that pic.
the big one on the far right is actually a blue power LED (blue when on, orange when in standby).
that photo is taken from kind of an upward angle, the buttons are not really exposed. lets see...i can see approximately 1/8-1/4 of an inch of all 3 buttons. and they are not like white almost like in that photo they are dark grey...maybe 3 shades lighter than the monitor itself.
i guess the only way you will know which is better is to buy them both. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom