Official Peter.Cort Overclocking Thread!!! (56K Beware)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official Peter.Cort Overclocking Thread!!!

all that for only 210 including shipping?!? what a deal!

no, most blocks these days wont cool a quad as well as a dual just because of the geometry... the insert for the Fuzion V2 actually lowers the cooling performance on a quad! still should get you some sweet temps

i know right. if only i could figure out how to set it all up... :)

take that AMD stuff out of your sig then lol

NEVAR! I'm likely to get a 4850 and a 8650x3 for cheap and I might turn around and do that.

its not really that complex... just figure out where you want all the parts to sit (ie the rad, pump and t-line) and then string it together with tubing like so Pump->Rad->CPU Block->T-line->Pump, or if you've got other blocks Pump->Rad->Y-splitter->CPU/GPU blocks->Y-splitter->T-line->Pump

and dont forget to clamp it nice and tight and check it for leaks... for god's sake check it for leaks!!

lol! fusion is the future... but AMD isnt gonna achieve it any time soon... intel might get there, but only if they can get their GPUs together... maybe with Larrabee... maybe...

yeah i figure that i know how it should work but its a matter of plucking up the courage and just putting it all together. also finding a good place to mount the rad..

with my old loop i just whacked some standoffs on the rad and let it sit on top of my case... that way the top fan would also help push a bit of air through it... i was considering making a separate box with really dope airflow (think 8 x 88CFM fans plus the 2 on the rad... basically a tornado in a box! lol) to stick it in to get some really gnarly cooling, but it was too expensive, too loud and wouldnt have really done much for performance... as long as you mount it in a place with good airflow and stick some powerful fans on it you'll be set

thing is i don't know where to plop it. the top of my case is fans that i believe blow into the case so thats a no go, i dunno if i have room on the side of it because its kinda high up but yeah, i'll figure it out.. haha.

its through amd's EPP program. It's a bundle. 4850 and the x8650 for basically the price of one of the items ;)

you've gotta be registered with their epp. its employee purchase so unless your employed and your employer is part of that you can't do it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom