HARDCORE COMPUTER'S "REACTOR" project

Status
Not open for further replies.
oil cant technically coagulate, but the dye can cause some agglomeration which would absolutely trash that tiny rad... its more than likely that this wont occur, but the dye must also be soluble in the oil and above all (as aspire said) non-conductive... what kind of oil is actually used?? is it some kind of special blend, or is it just standard toluene? if you really wanna dye the fluid and its a one off job, Fluorinert would be a great choice

soybean based... my first thought is a massive lol, my second though is that it must be really well purified... i think you could probably dissolve a wide variety of polar dyes in it, but i cant name any off the top of my head (im no dye expert), just make sure it doesnt conduct electricity

yeah fluorinert can get really expensive if you want any decent amount, but it will dissolve just about any dye you could stick in it, so finding a suitable one would be no problem... but the expense really outweighs this perk

either way, i think their answer was more a "figure it out yourself! what do you think we're paying you for?!?!" kinda answer than anything else lol!

why not just make a green acrylic window, fixes yoru problem right there, wether the oil is green or the window is green you will get the same effect. the window is also less risky.

Oh man...I'd love to have that case. Looks so awesome.

Nice job so far man, keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom