need help getting very old computer going

Status
Not open for further replies.
im not sure if this is in the right section. im trying to get this very old computer i scoreed for free of family going. by which i mean i carnt get into the main part of the computer to get into other program's it seem's to be stuck on dos or whatever it is with this measge.

SHARE installed

genius mouse driver [version 10.31]
copyright 1988-1995 KYE systems corp.

Enter /? on command line for HELP.
C:

to me it sound's like it want's to look at something on c drive.

of there could be a corupt file preventing it to log on to windows.

any help would be great. as i said it's a very old computer

so it sound's like it want's to look at

come on before it blow's up

i think it might be a problem with the OS

s no one's gonna try and help

so, is there a disk in the drive?

I'm not gonna lie...I'm in bed under my covers caring very liitle about your old computer at the current time but it seems to me that you might have something loading after boot there ...

What kind of computer is it?

Do you really care what's on it currently??? Why not just throw in a disk with fdisk on it and start from scratch?

so, is there a disk in the drive?

I'm not gonna lie...I'm in bed under my covers caring very liitle about your old computer at the current time but it seems to me that you might have something loading after boot there ...

What kind of computer is it?

Do you really care what's on it currently??? Why not just throw in a disk with fdisk on it and start from scratch?

well i dont know what kind of computer it is all i know is it's an old one. i dont care what's on it, i think it's just the fun iv trying to get something to work. i think it might be a problem with the OS. sorry i just dont know what kind of computer it is i just know that it's old. very sorry.

Just a simple question. If you dont know what it is how are we supposed to help you get it running? I mean if you dont know we dont know and there is nothing we can say to help you.

Format and install Puppy Linux or DSL. That is all we can say until you at least give us a picture of what it looks like for us to TRY and help.

looks like it has Windows but it's corrupted.
At the DOS Prompt type "Ver" and see what version it displays. Probably Win 95/98 by the looks of it.

Most likely it will need an OS reinstall. You can do Win 95/98, might be more interesting to try Linux or even OS/2 to try out a few other operating systems for a laugh.

looks like it has Windows but it's corrupted.
At the DOS Prompt type "Ver" and see what version it displays. Probably Win 95/98 by the looks of it.

Most likely it will need an OS reinstall. You can do Win 95/98, might be more interesting to try Linux or even OS/2 to try out a few other operating systems for a laugh.

ms-dos version 6.00

6.0? Hmm....we might be dealing with something even older then, early 90s. You might even have win 3.x on there, it's tough to say.

Do you have a brand name (HP, packard bell, etc.) on there? Sometimes you can find a model # on the front or a sticker on the back or bottom of the case.

Do you have a cd-rom or just a floppy? And how big is your hd? You can type "DIR" at the dos prompt and it will display the files and give the hd size in bytes at the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom