Keeps Rebooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bouryokudan

Baseband Member
On my HP it loads to the Windows XP screen and reboots and when it starts it says F10 for System Recovery so I press it and it reboots (doesn't go to the recovery screen), I can't do anything. Can anyone help me out? Don't try to tell me to go to Desktop or whatever (everyone does, they forget what I just said) because I can't. I was just browsing the Internet and Shut Down my Computer, next thing I knew this happened. When the screen comes up where the Windows XP Home thing is and it loads I don't even see 1 green bar and it restarts. Can you please help me I need to get on that Computer.

Was something recently installed ??

Try to start windows in safe mode (hit F8 during startup) to see if it starts up correctly.

Let us know whats up.

Oh I forgot to say I can't operate in Safe Mode or with Commands or whatever and I can't go on Operate with the last settings that worked, every option that I chose it reboots the computer.

Enter BIOS, make your CD bootable before HDD in boot priority. Insert XP CD and restart. Select Repair and follow the prompts. This might work

then HP ripped you cuz they were supposed to give you the cd with the comp. sorry i couldn't be of more help

Could be Sasser you know. Try booting up with AV software like norton.

Bouryokudan said:
Don't have an XP CD, XP was pre-installed on my HP.

have your serial # and call hp. they will send you recovery dics that will reinstall if necesary for $12

Bouryokudan said:
Alright, thanks, I called them, it should be here in 3-5 days, and what does sasser do?

When executed, the worm:

Installs itself to %WINDIR% as avserve.exe
Adds the following registry key:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
avserve.exe -> C:\%WINDIR%\avserve.exe

Creates a Mutex "Jobaka31" to ensure only one copy of the worm runs in memory
Spawns a mini-FTP server on TCP port 5554 to deliver the worm executable to exploited systems
Spawns 128 threads to scan for and exploit vulnerable systems
Calls API method AbortSystemShutdown to prevent the system from rebooting
Sleeps for 3 seconds then loops back to the AbortSystemShutdown call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom