Can i profit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiZcO

In Runtime
I was thinking about buy computer parts for acouple hundred dollars... building a decent Tower.. and then reselling and making alittle profit.. Do people buy Built computers these days.. sense they can go to walmart and get a computer for 300-400 dollars from a manufacture?

yes but you need to extend your artistic licensing and claim that 2.4ghz C2D actually have the power of 4.8ghz due to double the cores :). its quite hard to do but once you find a winning set of components you can turn a small profit.

Several sellers on eBay make money with prebuilt computers, but also offer to build custom computers at the same time. I've made a good sum off of Craigslist doing this. It was through several computers before I started generating a good profit, to make it worthwhile to keep doing it.

I've been doing builds for $100 over cost of parts, I usually put together a list for what they want it for, and charge $100 for putting it together and getting everything working together. This way they get exactly what they want and I make the money for my time. I just ask for Half up front and half when I deliver it. This way if they bail out on paying for it I can still sell it for cheap and still make a profit. Have not had any issues with people bailing out as of yet.

Dauntae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom