AMD Overclocking Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official AMD Overclocking Thread.

Are you sure? We have the same mobo and im way above 1333mhz and I can lower my ram pretty far if I wanted to. Did you update the BIOS to the latest revision? That may help you out.

if ur constantly video editing and unzipping files it'll make a difference

I dont video edit or constantly unzip files...lol.

Hard drive speed matters there too and my drives are nice and fast sata II's.

For my needs, i dont need to oc further.

Windsor's are great for unRARing stuff, with their 2x1MB L2 cache combined with their IMC
I think Windsors also have slightly lower L2 cache latencies.

I wish mine was one of the newer Windsors with 2x1MB Cache :(

1MB is still good though!

trying a new o/c
added .052 and got a sub 29 pi time now
HT Link is...well. ya.

doesn't pass prime95 though
1 core fails, other just cruzes... :S
something to keep me occupied i guess.

might update the bios as well.

So..... what ........ rug....... she must be cold........................ wait what about the Super PI?

....You could lower the Hyper transport limit to 800 and see if that allows you to overclock any higher.

alright so here are my new clock settings:

Untitled-2.jpg

i previously clocks, according to CPU-Z - CPU: Core Speed: 3304.1MHz, Multiplier: x14, Bus Speed: 236MHz, HT Link: 1180.0MHz. Memory: 472.1MHz, CPU/7, 5-5-5-15-26-2T.

i give thx to RichM499's chart he made since he has a 5400+ BE n i have a 5000+ BE:

http://www.techist.com/forums/f10/athlon-x2-memory-divider-chart-191206/

though i wanted better stability i tried today to get to 3.4GHz n turned on my Tuniq fan all the way! I changed the Core Volt to 1.55v, which gives me a close 1.57v or 1.58v, the Bus Speed to 200 (HT Link: 1000MHz) n the Mulitplier to x17 to get 3.4GHz, then i changed the timings of my RAM to 5-6-6-18-26; CPU-Z showed the RAM frequency was at 417MHz, btw. The North Bridge volt was changed from 1.250v to 1.300v, back down n so on to find stability; did the same with the HyperTransport volt changing from 1.300v before to 1.350v n so on. Anyways, i got a successful boot n was able to log in but then pretty much everything was shutting itself down n i was only able to get CPU-Z to work.

all n all, it seems that no matter what i can do, i cannot get or even close to being stable at 3.4GHz speed at all even though it was cool that i was able to get to my desktop for the first time at 3.4GHz. This Athlon 64 x2 5000+ BE has hit the limit in OCing at 3.3GHz, therefore i cannot OC it any further without applying it with too much voltage.

fresh install.
had to restart 'explorer' 1 time @ boot, but it recovered.
navigated through the web no problem, installed a few programs.

yes, time is off, i farked on setting it after reseting CMOS since my 'wonderful' dual BIOS didn't recover from a previous overlock and used the jumper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom