need a little help plugging in all my pc wires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Callofbooty

Baseband Member
Im a virgin pc builder. I installed all my components last night. the only thing thats left is all the cords. The only cords I plugged in were the sata data cables from my opt. and hdd to the mobo. I'll start with this, my opt. drive needs a sata power cable. where does the other end go? My hdd can have either a sata power cable or there is a 2 rowed 4 pins across connection. I have a sound card in the pci slot. Does this need any power or data connections? It was a $30 soundblaster card. My Radeon 4850 gpu says it need a powe cable. Any thing else for my GPU? Where do all the cords from my corsair tx650 psu go? By the way I have a biostar atx mobo. About $110. Where does the IDE cable go. there are three connectors on my one ide cable. Where do all the computer case wires go? I have a coolmaster centurion. Sorry, I know this is a lot of questions, but the instruction manuals are really vague. Any help or good links would be much appreciated. Oh yeah, why does my case come with a little metal froot loop looking thing? If this is a little too much to ask for, could I get a few helpful concepts or something? Thanks.

Yes, this is a real post coming from a umbillico corded newb fool. Please help. I know I asked a lot of questions, but I truly am a little stupified. Please help!

all of your hdd's and cd drives have power in to them and a data cable that plugs in to the mobo and the drive itself. the 4850 only requires powr, all communication is through the pci slot. the sound card needs nothing moar then putting it in to a pci slot.

thanks. i know this will sound stupid, but the power cords that go to the hdd and dvd drives are connected to the psu right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom