resinsmoke

Solid State Member
ok here is all my system information.

amd athlon 64x2 4050e
2109.9 mhz

bus speed 200.9

motherboard:

oem_mb narra3 3.02
nvidia chipset mcp61 (nvidia 6150se nforce 430)

bios phoenix tech. v5.14

memory: 3072 mb DDR2

what kinda graphic card can I slap into this thing? $200 being the price range
i know I'll have to upgrade the power supply I believe its stock 300w. Thanks to anyone who helps, I'm a nub I don't know much. BTW the main use is for gaming COD4 and warrock. TY

yes it is a hp pavilion a6560z

i dont have a link to the motherboard, im sure i can find one though.

and my price range is $200 for the card alone. I will spend xtra on the power supply.

The google search for my cpu and motherboard specs is here:

hp a6560z motherboard - Google Search

thank you for your reply's, and the 9800GT btw, my cpu is fast enough to hand it? ill id need to do otherwise is upgrade my power supply.

sweet thanks man. I was reading the review of it on newegg .....a guy said this:

Other Thoughts: cards are very well built. consider a sli certified psu even if you are planing to run only one they have a minimum psu req of 400w and a 12v 26amp current rating

so i guess i should get a power supply of 400w 12v 26amp right? ....but do i have a sli certified psu?

dont count on newegg review to be in any way, shape or form acuurate. although in this case, the requirements are correct. just as a general rule.
not, the PSU does not need to be SLI certified.

You will need probably need a new psu and because were nice people heres a list of all the good brands and brands to avoid:
http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/read-first-updated-power-supply-guide-137927/
You will need about 500W so find one thats cheap and on that list as being reliable and you will be happy just to reiterate it doesn't have to be sli certified.

The 4830 is a better choice though as its just ahead in most tasks of the 9800gt and a similar price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom