OCing GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
25mhz is quite a lot.....its not like artifacts kill the card or something.

hmmm but artifacts are a sign of a card dying as well right? My x800 xl on my old system was getting a lot of artifacts and it was at stock settings and most likely overheating badly cause I was running it at 1680x1050 resolution with high settings in CS Source.

hmmm but artifacts are a sign of a card dying as well right? My x800 xl on my old system was getting a lot of artifacts and it was at stock settings and most likely overheating badly cause I was running it at 1680x1050 resolution with high settings in CS Source.

If you OC your CPU too much on stock voltage it will make errors and crash out....that's not "bad" for the CPU or killing it in any way, it just needs more voltage to be stable at that clock.

Similarly, the GPU is just artifacting (making errors)...so it's just unstable. This lack of stability may be due to not enough voltage for that clock, or it could be a sign of dead VRAM or GPU.

...but just because you are getting artifacts does not mean the GPU is necessarily dead or dying (unless you are getting them at stock clocks and volts, obviously that ain't right!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom