Pentium VS. Core 2 Duo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stumbled across this thread...and all I have to say is...

dude TF2 with a controller? are you kidding? Everyone knows a mouse and keyboard is vastly superior in a FPS game. If your used to a controller, I suggest you get used to the mouse and keyboard setup, otherwise its only going to hold you back severely.

If PC gamers ever got a chance to fight against xbox owners in games like COD4 or TF2, it would be such a joke. Even all the console loving reviews of games like Left 4 dead ( available on both systems ) can't help but mention that a mouse and keyboard is not only more accurate, but provides much faster response times in its ability to turn around faster.

I don't think that PC Gamers would completely destroy the console gamers as they have experience with their controller likewise we have experience with mouse and keyboard, I think that PC Gamers will be more dominiant then console gamers becuase they have practise and practised with using a controller.

I don't think that PC Gamers would completely destroy the console gamers as they have experience with their controller likewise we have experience with mouse and keyboard, I think that PC Gamers will be more dominiant then console gamers becuase they have practise and practised with using a controller.

dude...its not even debatable whats better for an FPS game...a mouse is an aiming device!

Keep in mind with a mouse not only can you do reflex shots ( flicks of the wrists to put the crosshairs on the head in few tenths of a second time ) but you can also do instant 180 degree spins not to mention you can track moving targets far easier...an analog stick can't do ANY of this, this is not opinion this is fact ( at least concerning the instant 180 spin portion )

the evidence with this is overwhelming, observe how in most console fps games the aiming is so imprecise due to huge hitboxes ( in halo if you miss by a little it counts as a hit ) and some console FPS games even have low level auto targetting ( meaning it move sthe cursor on the enmey if you bring the crosshair near enough )

yeah, he's right man... you play any console FPS and check your accuracy rate... it'll be low (like 50% is usually really good)... you cant get anywhere near 90% unless you're on super easy goin real slow... but you play the same game on PC and you can usually keep the accuracy above 75%, and 90% inst uncommon... the mouse is just so much faster because its limited by your hand speed, not the set scroll sensitivity

Except in racing/fighting games. I HAVE to use a controller in those kinds of games.

duh that didn't have to be said

mouse and keyboard: FPS, RTS, and RPG games

controller: fighting games, racing games ( although better with a wheel ), sport games

joystick: flying games

Some RPG's are nice on a controller.....depends which exactly though.

I have a 360 controller for racing games and whatever else I need it for....probably will use it with mirror's edge...dunno

mirrors edge is nice on the ps3 controller... fun game, definitely different.. i've yet to beat it.. i can only seem to play games 30 min at a time these days

I'm waiting for it to come to PC...might have to go nvidia to check out physx for once...unless someone gets on the ball and comes out with some good hacked physx drivers for ATI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom