Ddr2 1200 Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey third,

my current crucial ram is rated at 4-4-4-12 by default, is a 5-5-5-15 better for OCing, like you had suggested. I was under the impression that lower numbers were better.

and thanks for the references.

that websites gskill 1066 4 gig set is twice as much as the same ram on newegg :x

lower is better but I'd doubt you'd be able to run 4-4-4-12 1066 w/out going over 2.2v
You'll need loose timings to get that accomplished. Like I said just try it out and test it. After that we can tighten the timings alittle more

alright cool, i'll try that out when i get home tonight and let you know what i find. thanks for the help.

also, it seems it would be smarter to get your ram OC working stable before a CPU, right?
i mean with a better speed ram, it should open up for your FSB for the cpu to run through, right?

i have my q6600 OCed to like 2.6 cuz i was just messing around with my new MB last night, but it would seem to make sense to me to get the ram stable first, yea?

You will have to do it either in tandem or stages. OCing your cpu to its max stable then trying to do your ram can destabilize your cpu. It has alot to do with the memory controller on your mobo.

The best advice I can give you, and some here could prolly give you better, is to set a goal for your ram oc and then push your cpu as far as it will go.

As an example, I did a suicide run last night for a new SuperPi test, I got my e6750 up to over 4ghz but I had to loosen my ram timing up to 6-6-6-18. After that I knew i wanted to run at 3.2ghz so I set my cpu there and (and i know this is backwards) tightened up my ram as much as possible. I don't remember exactly but I might have gotten it to 4-4-4-15, it could of been 4-5-5-15 though i duno.

Any ways, set a goal for one, reach it, then push your other component as far as you want to.

Max out your fsb, max out your cpu, max out your ram. Then find a happy median. That way you know the limits of each component. Of course when your ocing one you should underclock the rest. Thats how I go about ocing my system. It takes time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom