hp pavilion zt3000 help with bios and s.m.a.r.t hdd error

Status
Not open for further replies.

v8killaz

In Runtime
Hi, I searched around but didnt find any answers so far
Im trying to get into my bios but dont know what to press and startup

also I get this error (smart error harddrive immenent failure)
Ive replaced the harddrive but still get it and I was wondering how to get rid of it, or disable the smart monitering thing for the hdd

If you want to disable S.M.A.R.T. go into the bios by pressing F12/Delete/F2/F10.

SMART is a rough way of determining if your hard drive is failing. Did you replace the old drive with a brand new one? Or another old one?

Reflash the bios or clear the cmos which is probably more difficult then its worth on a laptop and then retry. You can download the updated bios via the manufacturers website then put on a usb stick and run it on boot up.

Possibly as its a mainstream laptop they locked the bios so that you can't adjust smart monitoring.

Reflash the bios or clear the cmos which is probably more difficult then its worth on a laptop and then retry. You can download the updated bios via the manufacturers website then put on a usb stick and run it on boot up.

Possibly as its a mainstream laptop they locked the bios so that you can't adjust smart monitoring.

did all that
still nothing
got into the bios but nothing about smart

find out why your controller is crashing hdd's. disabling SMART won't fix the problem. you will just wake one days with a dead hdd. I've been there anddone that

well it seems like the error is left from the previos one i had
i bought a new hdd and it has been in my laptop for about 6 months
last 4 months it started showing the error but the drive is working fine
im not worried if the drive fail i just want to get rid of the message because its annoying me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom