OCZ Ram timings

Status
Not open for further replies.
i recommend 2.2v w/ active cooling. I don't know how promo or powerchips react to voltage. If they are prone to death like D9's were. If they take voltage well I don't see a prob going 2.3 w/ active

hmmm I notice cpuz reports the ram to run at 4-4-4-15 at 333 mhz however, should I leave it at 333 mhz to get a 1:1 ratio? ( my FSB is currently at 333 x 9 = 3.0 ghz ) or should I increase the ram to the apparent 400 mhz

i've run 2.6v into my value ram before, didn't hurt it at all (or so i think)

but increase it to run at 400mhz.

alright ill take your advice concerning increasing the speed to 400 mhz however why is there such limited information out there concerning the performance of a 1:1 ratio compared to not having a 1:1 ratio, along with the mhz speed peformance differences

trust me... there's absolutely no difference in performance between having your divider at 1:1 vs any other ratio... getting the timings as tight as possible with a good speed will benefit you alot more than using a 1:1 divider

trust me... there's absolutely no difference in performance between having your divider at 1:1 vs any other ratio... getting the timings as tight as possible with a good speed will benefit you alot more than using a 1:1 divider

hmmm you sound very confident in that so ill take your word on it, why does everyone struggle so hard to get a 1:1 ratio though? ( also dubbed the golden ratio )

Not sure why people like a 1:1 ratio.

I don't like it on P45 chipsets as you have to run a performance level of at least 10, which destroys performance.

1:1 vs. 2:3 at the same speed and timings means absolutely no difference to the memory bandwidth... i know this from experience, but here's a review on it too

X-bit labs - Choosing the Right Memory for Core 2 Duo Platform - Part 1 (page 4)

wait I second I actually had time to read the whole article and at the end it states in the conclusion:

"More interesting are the results of the overclocked platform. In this case, there is more sense in using fast memory and the optimal memory frequency divisor is 1:1 (FSB:DRAM) as has been shown in our tests. In other words, you can achieve maximum performance by using memory with lowest possible timings in synchronous mode. It means that if you overclock the FSB to 400MHz, DDR2-800 SDRAM with low timings is the optimal choice. If the FSB is overclocked more, DDR2-1000 or DDR2-1067 SDRAM is the best option. An additional argument in favor of using memory and the FSB in synchronous mode at overclocking is that the 1:1 divisor is the most stable one on a majority of mainboards. "

So that means the 1:1 divisor is not only the most stable but the most efficient in performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom