Putting hs on CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazerman

Fully Optimized
I'm lapping my heatsink so I can get some cooler performance and when I took it off it was more like tape instead of thermal paste, do I need to get the stuff off the processor? Does anyone know of any tutorials?

um im pretty sure i no wut ur talking bout like a little pad like sticky thing, neways yea def get it off o the metal is in direct contact with the cpu not counting thermal stuff. totorials in lapping? i used one lemme see if i can find the site....
*searching*
*searching*
*bing!*

http://www.modsynergy.com/Article 6.htm

aight really dunno if this is the site i used but google cpu lapping and ull find thousands

yeah you have whats called a thermal pad. Getting those off are usually difficult and beyond that it usually means its an older an less efficient heatsink. I would suggest getting a better heatsink and for better lapping instructions plus available CHEAP kits go here:

www.easypckits.com

they have a kit that goes from 600-800-1000-1200-1500-2000 grit sandpaper and have 10,000grit finishing polish. That'll give you the ultimate mirror finish. Just received my sandpaper kit from them today infact. Good stuff

EDIT: The link he gave the guy jumped from 800 right up to 1500, you'll get a much better finish if you do it incriments that that kit offers.

o i didnt read it but yea the smaller steps the better result ull get, use the site nub showed u left hand side theres a pdf on lapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom