Cool gaming laptop with 3 GPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.

grasswater

Baseband Member
I have just got to know that Toshiba launches laptop with three GPUs, The combined efforts of both companies resulted in Toshiba's most powerful gaming laptop to date featuring the new highly integrated GeForce® 9400M graphics processing unit (GPU) along with a pair of NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS enthusiast-class GPUs.
That laptop must be very cool for gaming.

Well the thing is you can't use all three at once.

The 9400 is just there for when you don't want to have awesome graphics performance and terrible battery life.

Same concept as the new Macbook and Macbook pro's except this offers sli.

Perhaps I am incorrect here.... but wouldn't a Tri-SLI laptop have to have a HUGE screen? I am under the understanding that SLI is really only beneficial at HUGE resolutions, (or just sheer bragging rights).... Sure it might bump up FPS in lower res, but at that point, it is already fluid to the eye, so not much benefit... Perhaps I need to read up on it again.

i don't get why people dislike gaming laptops,it's not like we expect them to be able to play games for hours on end while on battery.

the reason why i and everyone else i know that has a gaming laptop got it because they move room to room in 2 minutes or use it in the car or if you go to a friends house.

i know that it's much cheaper to get a gaming desktop but theres a reason they made gaming laptops

Probably runs for 20mins whilst on battery then

Not really.

Modern day laptop gpu's are higly efficient and downclock themsleves when not being stressed and are also built on very small processes.

Perhaps I am incorrect here.... but wouldn't a Tri-SLI laptop have to have a HUGE screen? I am under the understanding that SLI is really only beneficial at HUGE resolutions, (or just sheer bragging rights).... Sure it might bump up FPS in lower res, but at that point, it is already fluid to the eye, so not much benefit... Perhaps I need to read up on it again.

Remember resolution not screen size.

Theres 15.4" laptops which have 1680x1050 screens.

17" laptops can come with 1920x1200 resolutions now. Both those resolutions will take advantage of SLI very well. AA/AF can also take advantage of dual cards, even at lower resolutions.

Pretty much if a game is demanding, SLI will use it well.

this just means tri sli laptops is in our near future...

not really the 9400m is integrated where as the 9800gtsm is a stand alone. this is preaty much hybrid sli on a laptop many companies are doign this now just not with sli gpu's its usualy 1 gpu and a second less pwerfull one. this laptop must get hella hot tho. and must weight alot and be preaty thick.

Remember resolution not screen size.

Theres 15.4" laptops which have 1680x1050 screens.

17" laptops can come with 1920x1200 resolutions now. Both those resolutions will take advantage of SLI very well. AA/AF can also take advantage of dual cards, even at lower resolutions.

Pretty much if a game is demanding, SLI will use it well.

Guess I just haven't been keeping up-to-date on the displays... those are some big resolutions.... My 19" does 1280x1024, and I believe thats the max...

ya 1080p on laptops is a couple years old... started off on the good ol' sony vaio for alot of money... lol

and hrmm, ididnt realize a 9400m was integrated graphics.. my mistake!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom