Ddr2 1200 Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squirtis

In Runtime
How come this RAM is nearly impossible to find?

I just got a new Biostar I45, I have 4 gigs of DDR2 800 ram right now, but the new board supports up to 1200. I was gonna maybe upgrade cuz i thought it would give me more flexibility and better OC capability with my Q6600.

But looking around, it's nearly impossible to find 1200. I found a bunch at 1066, is this just as good? Why don't people use the 1200? Is it cuz the new DDR3 is out now?

transcend axeram 1200 kit 5-5-5-15 2.2v. Probably the best set your going to find w/ timings and voltage. Team group also carries pc 9600. Kingston hyperx but it uses 2.3v

i have some crucial ballistix at home. DDR2 800MHz. How do i know if i should be able to OC those to 1066?

I don't wanna break anything. I've OCed my CPU on my 680i, but i've never touched the RAM, do i have to increase voltages the same? Is it pretty dangerous to OC the RAM?

This should maybe go in the OC forum :x

don't go over 2.2v
I like putting active cooling on my ram regardless of voltage. For timings put 5-5-5-15 2.1v 1066 and memtest it. If it fails try 2.2v. Then you can try tighter timings later

yea i've never messed with timings... how do i do a memtest? the one on the vista disc? or is there a program i can run in windows?

yea not only that, but they're out of stock. they're out of stock of all their DDR2 1200 ram. and i would never pay that much for ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom