Closed water cooling loop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You want the T line right before the pump and basically just inject water into the system. I have a big syringe that i use, it looks like a big turkey baster. This would allow you to somewhat pressurize the system. Personally i prefer using a reservoir just for ease of bleeding. /lazy

install a bleed valve at the gravity bottom of the pump line to drain the system anytime you want to load it in the car.

Right because that's practical...

Like I said, fill the t-line up to the top and at most you'll get like a marbles amount of air in the loop which will take about 5 minutes to work it's way out.

yeah... aspire's right... just get a filling syringe (about $3) and fill the T-line as close to the top as you possibly can and then cap it tight... you'll get maybe half a mL of air in there, and that'll just sit in the T-line

Right because that's practical...

Like I said, fill the t-line up to the top and at most you'll get like a marbles amount of air in the loop which will take about 5 minutes to work it's way out.

I hate to tread on the guru's ground but a dry system is a safe system when he has to transport it that much.

another option, for using a reservoir, is to use shutoff valves on either side. No air can flood the lines if there's no way for it to get in.

Or, you could do it his way. Which could be just as easy if not easier and just as effective.

I hate to tread on the guru's ground but a dry system is a safe system when he has to transport it that much.

another option, for using a reservoir, is to use shutoff valves on either side. No air can flood the lines if there's no way for it to get in.

Or, you could do it his way. Which could be just as easy if not easier and just as effective.

My rig has gone with me to a good 20 lans and I've never had a problem getting there, plugging it in, and playing games right off the bat. Heck me and my friend drove 8 hours to Ontario CA for a lan with my computer upsidown behind the passenger seat because we were crammed inside his MR2 which didn't have a back seat. And my rig has an externally mounted radiator.

Water cooling loops are easily safer to transport than certain air cooled setups...

Tuniq Tower anyone?

The problem with draining a loop before you move it is the time required to fill it. With a reservoir it isn't bad, but with a t-line it becomes an arduous task and can take more than an hour.

Shutoff valves are incredibly restrictive, read, bad for water cooling loops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom