Best Ati company?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asus make awsome ATI cards, i have had a couple, and both were rock solid....I would recommend them to anyone.

IF you want warranty coverage, buy an evga 280 and never worry about being screwed.

Seriously, if you kill the card they'll replace it no questions asked... and all it cost is the removal of one GTX 280 off the world because of your extreme overclocking! :p

But seriously, they're really cool about killing the card though.

But HIS, Asus, Sapphire (sometimes) and MSI get my votes!

I've used Sapphire, Connect3D, Diamond and HIS. I have not had a problem with any of the cards I have owned, and all have overclocked well, except for the Sapphire. I just haven't needed to overclock the Sapphire yet, mainly use it for Media Center/Everyday computing.

Powercolor is one of the least favorable manufacturers for me.

I have had nothing but horror stories with all of my Powercolor cards, going back all the way to the 9600XT i bought a long time ago.

ive actually heard powercolour isnt too bad, i remember that most cards are usually made by the same people anyway just shipped to evga,xfx etc for diff reference coolers. saying that asus provides best overclocks is an off the wall statement imo, ull find that nearlly all of the reputable brands have similar overclocking potential.
asus/msi/his/visiontek are the beat brands i think, saphire has got bad warranty and customer service so ive heard.

Seriously, if you kill the card they'll replace it no questions asked... and all it cost is the removal of one GTX 280 off the world because of your extreme overclocking! :p

But seriously, they're really cool about killing the card though.

But HIS, Asus, Sapphire (sometimes) and MSI get my votes!

Im by far no "extreme" OC'er, n00b at best, and thats not a joke. I have a general idea of watching temps, and ocing and seeing the temp increase, and applying more fan speed. I dont know how loud the 4870x2 fan is at 100%, but I know my 1900XTX at 100% sounds like a hair dryer(but its never that high). I really dont see myself killing the card from going OC crazy.

Im no where near purchasing anything for the build yet, easily a month-three, four months off from doing so. Heck there may be a new king of the hill card wise by then, who knows. Neweggs playing price games today, prices are back down:rolleyes:

all ati warranties are pretty crappy except visiontek and one other i cant remember that have lifetime. the rest are one, two or 3 year.
but, i vote sapphire.
best price, and customer service isnt any worse than any other company that farms out tech support. i was never a big worrier about warranty. but, as Vdub says, evga will replace a card forever. and they have decent tech support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom