Installing KYRO 3d Prophet 4000XT Drivers Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

PersianMafia

Baseband Member
Hey,

On one of my friends computers, he has an AMD Duron 952MHz Duron, 512 ram, and wants to install a Kyro 3D Prophet 4000XT 64MB TV-OUT graphic card.

Whenever we try to install the drivers, right after the installation, a black screen comes up and the graphic card doesnt output a signal to the monitor. Then when we restart, WIN XP doesnt recognize the card. We've tried installing it by adding new hardware in control panel and the same problem occurs. Even downloading the new drivers from hercules official website didnt help. Help would be appreciated.

The drivers may be for that model, but are you sure they are compatible with Windows XP? The reason I ask, is because that is a very old card - and there may be some compatibility issues.

There is definatly nothing wrong with the card itself.

I have installed the card w/ the drivers supplied on the original CD (they have specific XP ones) on an older 450Mhz PIII. So i dont know if you know of any patches for newer AMDS to be compatible with the card.

The CPU would not have any impact on the video card. I am assuming it has a PCI interface, so would you happen to know the make of the South Bridge?

no it is not a PCI interface it is AGP and we have a onboard card on the mobo but since we have the AGP plugged in that is disabled is there anything in the bios that could cause a problem?

Well, if that is the case then you must make sure that all of the previous drivers for the onboard GPU have been removed. In the BIOS, set the primary display to AGP.

Also, depending on the motherboard, you can disable the onboard GPU by changing the appropriate jumper.

Thanks man,

Alright, I checked the BIOS settings and they all seem fine. The Aperature Size was set to 64MB (memory of the graphic card) that's ok right? Anways, it turns out this MOBO automatically disables on board and that proved true when I checked the bios. The funny thing is that in the driver setup, it installs but right at the end it turns black and the computer itself doesnt register the new graphic card settings. There isnt even a graphic displayed in Control Panel.

Hmm... There is something wrong with the drivers. That is the only thing that it could be.

The AGP Aperture Size is the amount of system memory that will be dedicated to the GPU once the VRAM has been filled. Therefore it will not have any effect on this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom