New Upgrade....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethereal_Dragon

Fully Optimized
So, I went up to Micro Center on my way home from work last night to get some new SATA cables, and a few SATA Y-splitter power cables, both with right angle connecters on them. I have 4x 500 Gig Seagate's in my rig now, and not all of the cables are right angled ones, so the front bezel with the fans can't be put back on yet, cause the connectors will hit the fans.

So Anyways, I get my cables, and I am looking around.... What do I see sitting on the shelf but an Intel i7 CPU.... OoooOO Goodie! So I looked at the Core2's, and they were marked down a bit. Got the urge, so I did it.... I bought a Q9550 for $299.00 to replace my E6750.

If all goes to plan, the new CPU will be going in tonight, I can't wait!!

nice, im hoping all the high end core 2 45nm processors go down now since i heard that even the lowest end i7 will score higher then the core 2 extremes

I am hoping that this will leave me set for at LEAST the next year or two, until I cave and upgrade to an i7.... I COULD build a brand new system right now, but I am trying to get OUT of debt.... bad enough I got the Quad last night.... kept going back and forth, and just went with it.

So, I went up to Micro Center on my way home from work last night to get some new SATA cables, and a few SATA Y-splitter power cables, both with right angle connecters on them. I have 4x 500 Gig Seagate's in my rig now, and not all of the cables are right angled ones, so the front bezel with the fans can't be put back on yet, cause the connectors will hit the fans.

So Anyways, I get my cables, and I am looking around.... What do I see sitting on the shelf but an Intel i7 CPU.... OoooOO Goodie! So I looked at the Core2's, and they were marked down a bit. Got the urge, so I did it.... I bought a Q9550 for $299.00 to replace my E6750.

If all goes to plan, the new CPU will be going in tonight, I can't wait!!

Maybe you should have gotten a better GPU ;)

haha I didn't even notice. You got the 3850 going Vern? You seem alittle quiet these days, must be busy w/ school

Yes actually, my grades have taken a slip, plus most of the people have been beating me to the posts and the HD 3850 is pwning games :)

My rig is almost considered a Gaming one, once I get myself a gaming mouse that is ;) The Razer one that Trotman posted for $13 is probably in my future

grades slipping? Thats never good. I'm actually starting school myself in Dec. finally! Been putting it off way too long. Got to go get my certs in order

Got the urge, so I did it.... I bought a Q9550 for $299.00 to replace my E6750.

check out this ad...

now I wish we had a Fry's in MN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom