OCZ Ram timings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
So I got a 4 gigs of these:
Newegg.com - OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

to replace my 2 gigs of G.Skill Ram, however unlike G.Skill OCZ does not provide a recommended timings for my Gigabyte P35-DS3R mobo. I know the basic timings of 4-4-4-15 but what about the other timings like:

ACT to ACT delay (tRRD) [?]
Rank Write to READ Delay [?]
Write to Precharge Delay [?]
Refresh to ACT Delay [?]
Read to Precharge Delay [?]

heres an example of someones timings with memset:
http://i19.tinypic.com/871hnxh.jpg

does anyone have experience with my ram and mobo and has the other recommended timings? Also should I stay a 2.0v or go 2.1v just for stability? I'm under the impression that 2.3+ and beyond will fry any ram. Lastly is the whole 1:1 ratio even worth it cause a lot of people seem to be downclocking their ram to 333 to achieve the ratio.

if anybody finds a review on how the ratio impacts performance (i can only imagine its minimal) I would love to read it.

i'd recommend settings something like this... you'll have to fine tune them using a tesing utility like Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

ACT to ACT delay (tRRD) [3-6]
Rank Write to READ Delay [5-9]
Write to Precharge Delay [7-11]
Refresh to ACT Delay [46-55]
Read to Precharge Delay [4-8]
Static tRead Value [7-12]

just start out loose and run MemTest for a couple of passes between each move... i cant be sure about those settings, because its been a while sincei used OCZ sticks

i'd recommend settings something like this... you'll have to fine tune them using a tesing utility like Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

ACT to ACT delay (tRRD) [3-6]
Rank Write to READ Delay [5-9]
Write to Precharge Delay [7-11]
Refresh to ACT Delay [46-55]
Read to Precharge Delay [4-8]
Static tRead Value [7-12]

just start out loose and run MemTest for a couple of passes between each move... i cant be sure about those settings, because its been a while sincei used OCZ sticks

I do use memtest but its long 8 hour testing processes, I guess no one has recommended OCZ ram timings to use with the mobo I have :(

it could take 8 hours to fully dial the timings in... i only run MemTest for about half an hour each time... that usually gets me 2 full passes, which will detect any possible errors... you could also try just running tests 3 and 8 between each move, then a full test at the end... timings for every set of DIMMs and every board are different, so you'll have to tune yours specifically for your system

don't you have the auto feature for the advanced timings? I'd set it to auto and see what the system puts it at, then start messing around w/ it.

yeah... if you can run it with Turbo on the memory enhance, it should give you a good idea where to start at for memory timings

hmm what a bummer the OCZ guys told me the same thing ( unlike G.Skill which provided all the timings for the different mobos ). Ah well, anything I change is good as long as I don't go over 2.3 volts right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom