Can you really game on an iMac?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jester070993

In Runtime
Ok so my friend recently got an imac with a 3.06Ghz CPU , 4 gigs of RAM, and an 8800GTS. He got windows XP and put it on his computer with bootcamp. He now got crysis and played it on his computer. I just think it is sorta weird that he can play it on his computer. He plays it on medium/high-ish setting.
What do you guys think about this?

It worked cause he had an 8800 GTS. Gaming has very little to do with OS in all honesty, it has EVERYTHING to do with the graphics card. While the CPU also plays an important factor as well.

The only reason Vista is better at gaming, is because it offers Direct X10.

Macs are usually horrible at gaming because not many macs come with powerful or even decent GPU's.

^This is true.

The GPU is the big factor here, not really the OS. A number of games are cross-platform or work via Parallels VM Ware, etc. or just Bootcamp Windows. The issue really is what GPU's are available for the Mac and they aren't many, plus most models come with poor or modest ones at best.

Yeah thats what i was thinking. But I didn't know that a 8800GTS could play crysis on a 30 inch screen. But I knew it had to do with the hardware.

iMac are not really game machines. I got a friend that is a Mac user, however he as a PC just for playing WoW.

Ok so my friend recently got an imac with a 3.06Ghz CPU , 4 gigs of RAM, and an 8800GTS. He got windows XP and put it on his computer with bootcamp. He now got crysis and played it on his computer. I just think it is sorta weird that he can play it on his computer. He plays it on medium/high-ish setting.
What do you guys think about this?

I think he wasted his money. You don't buy Macs to play Crysis, you buy them to use photoshop. Games are a pc's job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom