AvgServ Ioctl Failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandpa1

Beta member
After a little web surfing and e-mailing (I use Juno) last night, I left my computer on night. This morning there was a message, "AvgServ, IoCtl Failed." Behind that was another message, "There is not enough free disk space for Juno to operate. Juno needs at least 10 MB to run but there are currently only 1 MB free. Juno will exit. Please free some disk space by deleting some files and restart Juno." I have a huge disk. This has occured before and re-booting solved the problem. Any thoughts as to why this is happening? Thank you.

MicroBell said:
AVG virus detection fails when IO control is activated. Try clearing out our temp files and see if this helps. Does it happen often or was this the first time?

This problem has occurred before. The computer is essentially frozen. When I selected another program, I received the message, "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service." Also, when I pressed Ctrl-Alt-Delete, nothing happened. I could not turn off the computer using the Start button; I had to manually turn it off. Then it was fine after I turned the computer back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom