Help with my Xiga Rifle CPU cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squirtis

In Runtime
*edit* Xigmatek HDT-S1283 Rifle, sorry.

So I just spent about 20 mins trying to get those little rubber feet things, that mount the fan to the heatsink, on, and i'm afraid i'm gonna break the little rubber pieces or something.

Does anyone have a trick for this? I thought about oiling up the rubber, but then i feel like the fan wouldn't be as secure on the heatsink.

If anyone has any tips or anything it would be appreciated.

*edit* i got em on. i just oiled em a bit cuz i think it was my only option.

mod can delete the post if they'd like.

Those things are such a pain. I just kept pulling on them till it went through... I thought they would rip, too... but meh. Xigmatek Rifle was by far the hardest part of building my first build. Then it took me like an hour to screw it into the bracket because of the ridiculous angle I had to work at.

Cools like a beast though.

Those things are such a pain. I just kept pulling on them till it went through... I thought they would rip, too... but meh. Xigmatek Rifle was by far the hardest part of building my first build. Then it took me like an hour to screw it into the bracket because of the ridiculous angle I had to work at.

Cools like a beast though.

Try the ACF7P :p. Two of the turning-pins are under the fan guard...took me a half hour to get it mounted. The Xigmatek was a bit easier for me, IMO.

Try the ACF7P :p. Two of the turning-pins are under the fan guard...took me a half hour to get it mounted. The Xigmatek was a bit easier for me, IMO.

Yeah, but the worst part is I spent all that time and haven't even OC'd my Q6600 with it. I got it right around the time people starting saying there were bad batches, so I have no idea if it's a beast or not. I need to just grow a pair and OC it... but I have no need for an OC and I'm a wimp, so :sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom