Television?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natman03

Baseband Member
How can i watch Live TV on my laptop, as if i would go to my living room, switch on my TV and get BBC, ITV Sky1 etc... not any of the Skyplayer and BBCiPlayer junk that has been recorded for download.

What would i need to buy/ adapt etc... thanks :D

You would need a TV tuner in your laptop and that would be it. I'm sure there are converters out there if your laptop didn't come with one.

A lot of newer laptops now come with TV tuners.

oh cool how would i find out if i have one?

I have a Dell Studio 15 btw.

And how would i go about using the tuner? :S

sweet, what about if i wanted to get Sky TV/ and do i need an internet connection to be able to do this?

If your in the UK then you can use 4od, bbc iplayer and I think itv have there own variant which don't require any extra cost or hardware just an internet connection. If your a sky subscriber I believe they have an online catalogue never used it myself but seen the adverts on the box.

saltynay, i know that i have SkyPlayer, 4OD and BBCiPlayer, but im nto talking aobut that, i mean live tv, as i would get from Sky TV in my living room. not stuff thats previously been on, that i have to download then watch

God you would think people able to watch it an hour late would be happy :). You can watch live sky and record on a desktop not on laptop. You can use one of the little tv usb dongles but reception is generally poor-awful as they are just underpowered.

aw ok thanks :D, and heh, an hour late, you pay alot of money for this stuff, why not get the most outa ur money and get it live :p

The BBC want you to watch a TV so that they get the licensing fees which they don't get from computer monitors. Do you have desktop that you want to watch sky on as I can point you in the right direction for that? replace imo ugly sky box and get unlimited recording space :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom