hardware Vista conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfc5mu0

Beta member
New member and my first post is a problem..sorry

I have a new PC running vista (my first try with this op system) and a wireless PCI card (Proxim 8482WD). The card works fine in my XP pc so it's ok.

I have downloaded the vista drivers from the proxim web site and installed them.

My problem is if i reboot the pc with the card installed it get stuck at the loading windows screen the little bar just stops moving. If I then remove the card reboot its fine, if I then turn off the pc put the card back and reboot it is also fine and the card works ok connects.

Why and what can I do about it? Thanks

Yes, I have tried both of the two available...same result..I will check again tonight as I not certain I got one to boot up at all. I also tried a spare known to be working card (same card model) same result. Sorry should have said that before.

Are you running Vista 32 Bit or Vista 64 Bit? What amount of RAM do you have? Did you get the right driver for the right version of Vista?

Vista Home premium OEM preinstalled 32bit ram 4gb processor Q9550..I dont remember the Motherboard though.

I think I got the right driver I can post the link but proxim are idiots and require registration to log in but the zip file was called vista 4.3. They didn't have a 32 or 64 bit driver just one.

Here is a link to the PDF

http://proximtechnicalservice.com/support/orinoco/vista/QIG_ORiNOCO_802.11abg_PCI.pdf

but I'm not sure it'll work with out logging in and it doesn't specify 32 or 64.

Leaving work now so I may not reply to any posts for a few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom