Need little input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

e40water

Baseband Member
I just got Acer laptop as a gift. I know its not the greatest lappy.I am just curious if a Belkin F5D7050 Wireless LAN 2.4GHZ 802.11G/B 54MBPS USB2.0 W would work well, with this lappy?.

Intel Celeron M 560 - 2.13 GHz
1GB Memory
160GB Hard Drive
Integrated 3D graphics, featuring Intel
Graphics Media Accelerator X3100
Headphone/Speaker/Microphone inputs
6 cell lithium-Ion 2 hour battery
wired networking
3 USB Ports, Ext VGA Support, S-Video/TV-out.

thanks

Hello,

Any particular reason why you want to use a USB wireless network adapter?

That laptop certainly has an integrated wireless adapter in it already (at least 802.11g), so you shouldn't need to use a USB wireless network adapter.

Hello,

Any particular reason why you want to use a USB wireless network adapter?

That laptop certainly has an integrated wireless adapter in it already (at least 802.11g), so you shouldn't need to use a USB wireless network adapter.

It very well might not.

Especially after seeing what processor it uses...

It very well might not.

Especially after seeing what processor it uses...

No.

Intel Celeron M 560 is not an old processor. It is based on the Merom-L Core 2 architecture and was released in December 2007. If it had an Intel Mobile Celeron processor (not to be confused with Intel Celeron M) dating around or pre-dating 2000, then you'd likely be correct.

However, given that it has a recent processor dated 2007 and Intel GMA x3100 graphics it is highly likely that this notebook has integrated wireless.

No.

Intel Celeron M 560 is not an old processor. It is based on the Merom-L Core 2 architecture and was released in December 2007. If it had an Intel Mobile Celeron processor (not to be confused with Intel Celeron M) dating around or pre-dating 2000, then you'd likely be correct.

However, given that it has a recent processor dated 2007 and Intel GMA x3100 graphics it is highly likely that this notebook has integrated wireless.

Well the op says it doesn't have Wireless networking and is asking whether a certain usb receiver will work.

He's not asking if it has wireless or not.

I'm willing to have faith he isn't missing something and may actually be right! Fancy that?

Hello,

Well the op says it doesn't have Wireless networking and is asking whether a certain usb receiver will work...

Well on that premise, his laptop also does not have an optical drive or a display because he didn't list it in the specifications in his post.

...He's not asking if it has wireless or not...

It is obvious that he is not asking whether his laptop has wireless or not. However, perhaps he should be asking this question, depending on his reason for wanting to use a USB wireless adapter.

My first post asked if there was any particular reason why he wanted to use a USB wireless network adapter on his laptop. I asked because there's a possibility that he doesn't know it has integrated wireless (and there's strong reason to believe that this laptop originally came with integrated wireless, and this cannot be denied).

If his laptop does have integrated wireless and he doesn't know, then it's worth bringing this to his attention because it would save him the money and hassle of having to purchase and use a USB wireless adapter when he doesn't actually need it.

It's also possible that his laptop does have integrated wireless and he is aware of it, but wants to use a USB wireless adapter because he's having wireless signal problems, or that it doesn't have integrated wireless and he needs to use a USB wireless adapter. In any case, he is capable of responding to my question with his reason.

...I'm willing to have faith he isn't missing something and may actually be right! Fancy that?

You can assume that the reason why he is doing what he is doing is right, and you can have faith in his knowledge and understanding of the problem and solution, but this is far from objective. If every techy were to do that with each request for support in these forums, there's be far less problems solved properly and correctly. You can't just take everything at face value.

I prefer not to make assumptions and I prefer to ask 'why' to make sure that the solution to the problem (if a problem exists) is right. After all, asking questions help to ensure that the right solution is identified for the right problem. There are countless examples in these forums where people have asked where or how they can obtain some kind of functionality, when in fact they already have the means to the functionality, but are unaware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom