AMD Phenom Naming Scheme Leaked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
AMD Phenom Naming Scheme Leaked?

According to a supposed ￾gleaked roadmap￾h posted on the Chinese hardware site Expreview, AMD￾fs next batch of processors will have a funky new naming scheme that looks like they are named after Intel chipsets (810 thru 945). Here￾fs a quote from the translated link:

From the picture you can see, there are tow 45nm Deneb CPU will be available at 8-Jan 2009, with AM2+ and DDR2 support. These two CPU will be named Phenom ‡UX4 940 and Phenom ‡UX4 920, both of them have 6MB L3 cache and 125W TDP.

He has a point though, they seem to be naming the new Phenoms after the just released Intel Core i7's.

So is the Phenoms now against the Yorkies..

Q9650, Phenom 9650..
Phenom 9550, q9550

hmm?

NO!!

Phenom 9550 (2.2ghz) 65nm Quad & Q9550 (2.83ghz) 45nm Quad.

The performance difference is like day and night.

The Phenom II's might are supposed to compete with the Core i7's. Yet I doubt AMD plans for them to take them on head to head clock for clock. Instead they'll just drop their pricing and introduce them as the cheaper alternative like they always do.

oh.....so the 945 is the same as 940 just for AM3? Hmm, looks like im gonna have to wait even longer to get my first ever quad-core then, i need to be future proof if i ever go DDR3!!!!!

hopefully it's not.
well, $400 canadian would be fine for me. i hope it's not $500+, then i'd have to wait for the initial price drop...maybe lol.

i still want a 4xxx series graphics as well. gah. need more overtime pay XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom