which amd athlon 64 6000+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: 'and would it really be worth it over my 4600+ ?'

yes! definitely=) , but it depends what your doing with it i guess.

You'll get a decent boost in performance in video games.

Go for the windsor 3.0ghz 2x 1mb L2 cache

i say this because i dont see anything about What core the other one is.

And it also doesnt specify if its 2x512kb cache, or 2x 1mb

Better to go with the one you can be sure about=)

(you may also want to look in to the athlon x2 5400+ black edition, its 72$ free shipping on newegg, and it overclocks to 3.2ghz very easily (i have mine running at 3300 right now)

however it doesnt come with a HSF.

I upgraded to a 6000+ (Windsor) from a 4600+
Yes, I think it was well worth it. I got the 6000+ to >3.4 100% stable right out of the box, whereas the 4600+ got 2.9 max (2.8 24/7)

Anyway, if you have good cooling I'd suggest the 3.0 windsor over the 3.1 Brisbane, because it has more L2 cache with slightly lower latency.

It's a good little processor, but as stated by baron a 5000+ can often beat it (notice my sig, I have a 6000+ and am still saying this). Might want to go the cheaper route and just overclock it.

Although if you don't want to overclock, get it!

5400+ BE best AMD dual you can get. Rich has the 5400+ @3.3ghz or something. But still not enough to beat my Super PI :super_happy:

I'm pretty sure 6000+/6400+ Windsors give you the best speeds out of the K8's. I was able to bench at 3495MHZ
Black Edition Brisbane chips can usually be had for less though

I m not denying they can get at least 3.4ghz. I m just claiming that similar 65nm Brisbanes are able to attain 3.4ghz as well. While they are newer tech and are able to reach the same overclocks with less heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom