Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - Fallout 3 Crash to desktop - solution here

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 01:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
l3lake
Newb Techie

Default Re: Fallout 3 Crash to desktop - solution here

* SPOILERS *

I'm having the same CTD problems; however, I've run into a CTD issue that so far has triggered every time I have tried to enter the reactor chamber to vault 87 in either Murder Pass or The Great Chamber of Little Lamplight. It seems that something is affecting the actual room I'm trying to enter rather than just a random CTD. I've already taken into account the FFDshow settings [t..o..m] suggested, and it didn't work. I also tried repairing the .NET framework installation, and that didn't work either. I've patched my game as well, and nothing so far seems to have worked. I'm kind of scared that FO3 has done irreparable damage to my system from what saulysw found. I'm starting to wonder whether installing this game in the first place was a good idea, because it has been nothing but problems since I first booted it up.

If anyone has had this problem I described or knows something that might help, I'd really appreciate it. Here are my PC specs:

MEMORY: 2GB
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce 880 GTS (Driver version 180.43)
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2.20GHz, 2193 Mhz

Any other specs needed, let me know.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.