Which way does this psu go in? Fan direction? Corsair 750w. Quick help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad711

Daemon Poster
I'm confused as to which way it should go in. My case is a bottom mount for psu. The fan on the psu can either face towards the inside of the computer (towards mobo) or it can face straight down into the bottom of case (facing the floor).

Most case have screw hole alignments but this one can go either way!

So does the fan go in or out? BTW there is holes in the bottom of the case where the fan would push air out however it's like an inch off the ground...

my logic would say you do not want the fan to push hot air towards the mobo however I am a newb and do not know if this psu fan pushes or pulls air...

ok so the fan should face inside the computer? I'm still confused on the correct way it should go in.

See pic...which way? Thanks!

Misc008.jpg

or

Misc005.jpg

I can't see the pic. Normally the fan will face outside the case if it is a 80mm. If it is a 120mm it is obviously inside the case.

it's personal preference really
some like their PSU to have fresh air by mounting it with the fan facing down
while some like to have their PSU help moving air out of the case by facing mobo

personal preference? Isn't airflow very important? I would think there is a right and wrong way to this not personal preference.

Well from looking at the pics i dont think you would want the fan blowing toward the case. All it would do is clog up. I mean the air has no where to escape to or wont have any air to pull in. Would defeat the purpose of having the fan on the PSU.

Unless I'm missing something, I cannot understand this debate one bit. If you face the fan downwards, it won't have any room to suck in air... Haha, I'd face it up towards the motherboard, you'll get better airflow. By the way, I have the same PSU and a bottom-mounting case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom