Need a new Video card, but not sure what one

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumpyGamer79

Beta member
Hello all,
Been looking online for a few days now trying to find a video card I can get to run World of Warcraft expansion, Wrath of the Lich King. Current I have a old Radeon 9250, but I have to play WoW at low settings. I have a PCI express slot but my power supply is only 250w, +12v 14a (no 6 pin). So I'm having a bit of trouble finding a new card. I would like to find something in the $100.00 range that will run WoW on medium settings at least.

If anyone has any suggestions, links, etc.. please let me know.
Thanks!

Thanks for the reply. If at all possible, I would prefer not to mess with the PSU. Just looking for a cheap video card, nothing to fancy to run what I need.

Aww ok, thanks again all for the replies. Very helpful :)

Ok, so it looks like I'll buy the parts Trotter Listed. I have never installed a PSU before, anything I should know before I start pulling wires? :)

My best advice for the first time you swap a PSU is to label each plug as you remove it, like "hard drive" and "motherboard". When you put in the new one, match the plugs and plug them in.

My best advice for the first time you swap a PSU is to label each plug as you remove it, like "hard drive" and "motherboard". When you put in the new one, match the plugs and plug them in.

Good idea, thx :)

Ok, one last check before I buy these upgrades.
Antec earthwatts EA500 500W ATX12V v2.0 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply.

and..

SAPPHIRE 100264L Radeon HD 4350 512MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP should Run World of Warcraft's new expansion fine right?

Fine, yes. Turned completely up, probably not. That card will romp your current card, but it won't handle the graphics of the game wide open.

You will be pleased with the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom