Biohd-8 error in diognostics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hukiczka

Beta member
Hey, my computer freezes much lately (mostly when it was idle for a long time and i start to use it again). It is also slow when copying files. '

The pc also froze when installing from, or copying a large cab file (at the end of the installation, i hear a click sound from the cpu for 2-3 seconds and the installation fails)

In the HP diognostics, i saw a "Biohd-8" error and it advised to backup my data. I have a samsung 320GB harddrive and i heard that the click sounds mean that my hard drive is dying.

It had been just 3 months since i bought my pc, and i dont know how my hard drive could die for no reason..windows will still start, but i need some advice! Does my hard drive just have some bad sectors, or is it really dying? how could a new hard drive die for no reason?

waiting for reply soon, thanks...

To make sure it is your hard drive download Seagate SeaTools, burn ISOs files to a CD (do not burn the actual ISO on a CD, the ISO has files inside) and boot from it next time you start your computer. Choose the advanced test.

The clicking sound could be that your hard drive is dying but some drives are just naturally loud too. A hard drive is a very common part to have die early in its life.

Seagates are one of the better companies that I deal with. About a 5% percent failure rate if I had to estimate. He doesn't have a Seagate drive though it's a Samsung. SeaTools is just the best diagnostic tool for most drives that don't have their own tool.

lol..i got my samsung drive replaced with a new seagate..the problem was that the harddrive was damaged even before i bought the pc, the hard drive case was awefully twisted inside when i opened...hopefully, i was in warranty period ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom