Help to OC HP Pavilion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrlow2

Baseband Member
There is no option on my machine that allows for OCing. Machine is an HP Pavilion a345w,(P4 2.6GHz CPU, Asustek P4G533LA mobo, 400MHz FSB, 845GL chipset). Common Wal-Mart machine from 2003. Does OK for the web, but want to try to speed it up if possible. Have already raised RAM to the max supported. Does anybody have any ideas on how this could be done?

You can overclock it unfortunately, you could software overclock it, however the risk is great

I think you meant "can't", Vern ;).

And yes, like Vern said, you can't overclock many (if any) prebuilt computers, unless you try it with software...but software overclocking (except on GPU's) is very unstable and not recommended at all.

If your Pentium 4 handles your needs, then I don't see the point in risking ruining your computer. For not much of a performance increase.

I think you meant "can't", Vern ;).

And yes, like Vern said, you can't overclock many (if any) prebuilt computers, unless you try it with software...but software overclocking (except on GPU's) is very unstable and not recommended at all.

I did :D

There is that H2C crap from Dell that can overclock (also Cyberpower, UberKlock and IbuyPower)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom