building

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamehameha

Baseband Member
Hey guys, its been a while, but anyway,

I got the parts for my build and all, and i have a few questions.

the place that i have to work on is a desk. its pretty big, all the parts fit in and there is plenty of room. the only other places is filled with carpet. So is my desk alright? Also, how do i decharge myself b4 i put on the anti-static wristbands? and where should i connect it to. Also my dad was supposed to help me with it but he got the chickenpox and he cant be out of bed for like 2 weeks. and i would want him to be working when he is sick anyway. so can a 14 year old boy do this himself? Thanks in advanced, and plz reply soon cause if i can do this myself i want to build it b4 he gets better so i can surprise him. Also is it wise to install the graphics card in the begining, or should i wait for it to be built first then put it in? My card is the regular 128MB 6800. ( is this overclockable?)

ok, were to start.. yes a 14 year old can do this. 1st thing u wana be shur to do is ALWAYS handle with the edges of ur cards and all, u wont have any static problems that way. to ground ur self, stick a metal peice of object in the ground of a electrical plug, and touch it every once in a while. gfx card can always be oced, i think. cant think of anything else, its pretty simple.

Enjoy, if u have any questions, dont be afraid to ask even if it sounds noobish, u dont wana end up frying something or w/e.

well the desk is fine, just touch the metal case and dont wear socks to solve the static issue. im 16 and have built too many computers so if you know what you are doing go ahead..if not or even concerned then i suggest not.

note- yea a 14 yr old can put it together, but if your unshur about doing something, i would wait till your dad feels better so he can advise u while u do it... if something happens by accident or justa mistake, he will nolonger be suprized but very pissed.. cause if im guessing right, your dealing with expensive hardware

hey thanks guys. I also want to know what order i should install everything. And should i wait a while to install the graphics card, or should i do it after i get everything else running?

doesnt really matter. cuz the pc is turned off. put the processor, then ram. Then all ur drives (cd and hard drives and floppy) then put all ur pci cards into place. try to keep it neet and tidy

well its doent really matter, i would put it b4, so u can disable the onboard graphics, if u have it, but u can use the onboard to install, then put the card after, and reboot, then install the drivers, itl all work

Alright guys thanks very much. If i need help i will post again. Now, lets just hope i do this right.

BTW if u were curious

AMD 64 3000
512 PC3200 Kingstion Value RAM
80GB Maxtor ATA 133
Nvidia 6800 128MB
NZXT Gurdian( using its standard 400Watt PSU)

i will upgrade RAM and the psu around April. Around January i will add a sound card.

man just throw everything in the computer and make sure all your connections are right. All you need to do is touch the metal part of your case to ground yourself like they already said. Upon first boot up go directly to the BIOS and disable the onboard and stuff. You don't have to wait to put anything in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom