Build me a £1300 ($2000) gaming pc!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scepstein

Solid State Member
I was wondering if you guys could help me out and make me a ~$2000 (can go a bit over) pc, including a nice monitor + gaming keyboard + mouse. I wont really be overclocking, just using for gaming, and ofc internet/work etc. I'm in the UK so everything must be bought here, and in £s the budget is £1300 up to a max of about £1500. First time building a pc and I don't know where to start :(.

Hope you guys can help!

Wow thanks! I have two more questions:

1. Which of the two processors should I get if i dont intend to overclock at all? "KustomPCs.co.uk - Intel Core 2 DUO E8200 775 2.66Ghz CPU 45nm" or KustomPCs.co.uk - Intel Core 2 DUO E8500 775 3.16Ghz CPU 45nm?
2. I dont need an OS or any software etc. because i can get for free through work, so what would you suggest putting rest of budget in? Otherwise i could save that for future for upgrades or something. With this vurrent setup you've suggested, is there any current game i wouldnt be able to run well?

Thanks again!

ps: I don't wanna build it myself, as i know i'll mess it up. Would KustomPCs be able to build it for me, and if not where could i get it built? my local computer guy charges £60 just for a callout, so was wondering if theres anything cheaper (I'm in London).

edit: do i need a power supply?

1.E8500 if you don't intend to overclock
2. You still need a case I would suggest a lian li or silverstone as they're excellently made with subtle styling compared to the more "bling" cases other manufacturers release. The page I linked to has some excellent mid-full size cases otherwise just have a browse through the entire case section. Save your spare pennies after that.
3. I could build it for you I am in Essex and only 40 mins away but email Graeme on sales@kustompcs.co.uk to find out if they can build onsite they use to offer to :)
4. I have included a psu on the original list KustomPCs.co.uk - PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610 PSU

Btw that list of parts will run Vista like a pro but if your going to use xp you can scale back the ram to this KustomPCs.co.uk - Team Elite 2Gb DDR2-PC6400 as xp won't use the xtra gb's.

N.B. send me a pm if you want me to build for you

WARNING: DON'T GET THIS PARTS!

There is Intel i7. You can get one with your budget. I'll help you. Give me some time.

EDIT:
Case: Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570
Mouse: Logitech G5
Keyboard: Logitech G15
Processor: Intel Core i7 920
Graphics Cards: 2x ATI Radeon HD 4870 1GB
Monitor: 24" Widescreen LCD
Optical Drive: 20x DVD Burner
Power Supply: Corsair 750TX
Memory: 3GB (3x1GB) Triple Channel Kit

and a mobo?

Thanks for extra feedback

edit: other than above site, do you know any other reliable and relatively cheap UK stores which sell custom parts?

Yes, go with the i7 920. I'm not sure which are the good motherboards for the new processors yet, but I think the Asus P6T is okay, or a Gigabyte X58 board.

EErrrrmmmmm fairly hard to do with that budget you obviously don't realise how much of a price premium us British spend compared to north America most things are double the price (before conversion and change teh sign $ to a £) even though the conversion rate is in our favour lol. A I7 build at the minimum will cost you £550 my mobo/cpu/ ram is £300 do you want to pay twice as much to get approx 10% (in the benchmarks I have seen) performance increase its not a good trade off imo but your money to spend. I7 was released this month hence why its so expensive it will be about 3 years before I believe it will be the standard so will have a huge premium if you buy atm just put your savings from this computer to the side until your next pc.

Other Uk stores:
overclockers.co.uk
scan.co.uk
ebuyer.com
dabs.com

I prefer Kustom as they are a small shop and give truly quality service yes their prices aren't quite as cut throat as some of the larger online stores but if you give Graeme an email I have mentioned several time he will probably give you a discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom