Intel Core i7 hits 5ghz (56k warning)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I'm saying that non multithreaded games are too old to be a benchmark ,except for the exception of Oblivion, because all new major title games are multithreaded.

And we should be using multithreaded games as benchmarks. We have multithreaded processors. So to judge its performance on a single threaded app will only give you a partial picture.

The games dont only run well on Intel chips, right now they just run better. Because Intel's chips right now are better.

And we should be using multithreaded games as benchmarks. We have multithreaded processors. So to judge its performance on a single threaded app will only give you a partial picture.
We should be using whatever apps are common. Not just those that take advantage of a certain ability of processors.
If they're multithreaded or single threaded shouldn't be the deciding factor in what programs are used, unless it's to show one specific aspect of the processor's ability when compared to another.

So far there's UTIII, Crysis, Supreme Commander, 3Dmark series, WoW, ET: Quake Wars

From what I seen Age of conan and fallout 3 is one of the games that run very well on core i7. Both games are popular and they are new

http://images.anandtech.com/graphs/nehalemfinal_110208224358/17778.png

http://images.anandtech.com/graphs/nehalemfinal_110208224358/17782.png

Furthermore, gaming is not everything. You are only comparing these processors at gaming.

Most games made today are still single threaded.

E8400/E8500 are almost the best processors for single threaded games and applications

Also, people could get a cheaper CPU like E7300 or E7400 and it will also perform better than AMD processors and some of Intel quads in single thread

By the way, if we assume that hardspell review is legit, it looks like Deneb is not a big improvment over Agena

On average it's about 10-15%

Read the above

The hardspell review proves that you are wrong

Deneb is at most %10 faster than Agena. On average, I say it is about 5%

I'm not sure if Deneb will be able to match the performance of the one year old Yorkfield based on the results of hardspell (assuming that it is ture)

Don't get a loan lol. Just wait it out, I m just as anxious for Deneb to be released already. So at least I'll have a Quad capable of 4ghz on air.

**** I'd hate to see your SuperPI time once you get that Core i7. Just imagine it, you'll be getting like 2second SuperPI time while me, and Rich are still competing to see who can achieve 12 seconds.

Shanghai is around 10-15% better over Barcelona, quite often more.
AMD Shanghai is officially out - XtremeSystems Forums

Where are the benchmarks ?

I looked at techpowerup link and I didn't find any benchmark.

In anadtech review I didn't see many benchmarks, I only saw power consumption charts and this "Scalable Reads Performance" benchmark

In comparison, hardspell review has media encoding, 3d rendering, gaming benchmarks. And deneb didn't perform much better in those tasks, i.e In real work applications deneb does not perform much better. Furthmore, Shanghai is a server processor. Personally and many other people don't care about server. Normal users don't care if Shanghai is good server processor or not.

Also, if AMD says that their processor performs 15% better, that doesn't mean that it will. Do you remember what they said about Agena before it was out.

Where are the benchmarks ?

I looked at techpowerup link and I didn't find any benchmark.

In anadtech review I didn't see many benchmarks, I only saw power consumption charts and this "Scalable Reads Performance" benchmark

In comparison, hardspell review has media encoding, 3d rendering, gaming benchmarks. And deneb didn't perform much better in those tasks, i.e In real work applications deneb does not perform much better. Furthmore, Shanghai is a server processor. Personally and many other people don't care about server. Normal users don't care if Shanghai is good server processor or not.

Also, if AMD says that their processor performs 15% better, that doesn't mean that it will. Do you remember what they said about Agena before it was out.
Do you colour your text white because you don't want me to see them?
I'm not going to respond to you if you're being deliberately dishonest.
It's obvious you have no intention to do anything but find everything you can to make AMD look worse than they actually are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom