*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

lol we essentially have the same gaming performance hussein=)

i figured out the memory dividers also hussein (this wont effect you as much, because your multiplier is locked so your divider should remain the same)

Check out the thread i posted in this section of the forums.

It explains everything that i came up with.=)

And i hope to break your record ASAP.

If you beat me I m pretty much ****ed. Cause I can't do any better with my current ram.

Rich what GPU you using right now? Cause I finally got my 3650 over clocked and I have it at 850mhz Core and 850mhz memory/1,700mhz effective. Didn't expect to get so much of an overclock out of the memory.

onboard HD3200

I have my memory right now at 450mhz (ddr900)

this is better than i expected..

the specs are 3150mhz core@1.4v, 225mhz FSB, 450mhz ram @2.08v, 900mhz HyperTransport

The memory wasnt stable at 1.98v/450mhz,(wouldnt even boot)
the memory wasnt stable at 2.03v/450mhz (BSOD after 1 or 2 min in windows)
The memory SEEMS stable at 2.08v/450mhz so far=) yay

Lol im not sure if i want to push this ram any higher!

the timings are pretty good for the speed (5-5-5-18) i had to bump the tRas up to 18 from 13, because it wasnt stable at this speed

This is the thing---

This ram is rated for 1.8v according to CPU-z, and i have it running 300mv ABOVE specifications..

(if i remember correctly the ram has 1.9v written on it... CPU-z is wrong i think... but either way thats a 200mv bump.. and im scared to go any higher)

i definitely wont reach 3300mhz core /235fsb /470mhz ram unless i bump the voltage up EVEN more, and i dont think i should risk it........

(i was thinking of buying some ddr2 1066 just so i can get back up to 3300 lol...)

but dont u think 450 is a decent overclock for this Corsair XMS2 800mhz ram?

I got my ram clocked at 662mhz lol. All I did was lower ram frequency as I clocked higher and higher. Just set everything else on auto. Only things I did bother to mess with was voltages. Pushed my ram voltage to 2.05, my vcore to 1.6, and my bus to 1.3.

(its at 900mhz DDR2... thats what i meant by 450mhz)

theres no way you got some 2gb transcent ddr2 at ddr2 -1324

Im guessing your memory is running at 331mhz

Yeah I know I was "loling" at the fact I've only been able to over clock as far as I have been. Because the whole time I just kept lowering the frequency limit on my ram.

Besides I don't have unlocked multipliers so I m overclocking through the bus. Which means I need to keep lowering the frequency on my crappy ram to overclock any further.

FYI hussein, im buying some OCZ Platinum 1066 5-5-5-15 memory, just so i can clock this thing at 3332mhz / 238fsb / 476mhz ram (4-5-4-14) to beat your score lol...

If it doesnt make a big diff in super-pi, i know for a fact its going to make a difference in gaming, so either way=)

*by the way 450mhz was the highest i got this Corsair XMS2 at, and with crappy timings 6-6-6-16*

how much RAM you gonna get rich? 2x1 o 2x2... if you only need 2GB, i'd pick up some OCZ Reaper HPC Edition PC2-9600 sticks... the extra speed will help out with the bandwidth, and the coolers on those things are gnarly for OCs... only downside is that they only come in 1GB DIMMs, which tend to be more expensive, but should OC better... i've seen people get in excess of 1400MHz effective speed @ 5-5-5-15 with those things

EDIT: WOW! i didnt notice the discount on the Platinums at NewEgg... they're way better value than the high end reapers for now... so forget what i just said

Back
Top Bottom