necessity of cooling options quetion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry... didnt see that info about the gpu... it sounds to me like you just need to increase the voltage across the core... you'll see the temps increase a bit when doing that, but you'll be ok to run that gpu at up to about 80°C, but i wouldnt go much higher... so you have 2 options, either up the volts or back off on the core frequency... whichever you're more comfortable with

I don't think there's any way to increase the voltage on his card without hardmods....so that means he just needs to lower the core by a bit.

Nibitor has those capabilities but it doesn't mean that it will work for the card.

and my 4850 is under watercooling and vmodded to 1.39v, with 1.04v idle

i'm pretty sure it should work for any card in the 8 series and beyond, but i'm not 100% sure... i haven't OCed an nv card since the 7 series...

oh WC... nice! is that just a pencil mod or something more sinister? lol! i've managed to get my cards down to 0.983V idle for some icy temps, but i'm just not comfortable going much beyond 1.28V with these DuOrbs... the temps just get so scary!

well I will mess with it when I get more peoples opinion, but really I mean, if you guys think I could get a decent more performance out of it then I am down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom