necessity of cooling options quetion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

harnar123

Daemon Poster
so I was wondering how people overclock way more with water, liquid nitrogen, or phase cooling cause I don't have a problem with heat at all, its just won't post past a certain point. like always, any info is appreciated.

Post your clocks with your temps and we can give you some advice on how to get the speeds higher. What cooling are you using currently?

gotcha, well I got a antec 900, a e2180 at 3ghz, 8800gs at 730,1819, 1005. the cpu passed all night one prime95, and I also have the ram overclocked. I don't really get how to set the latencies but it all seams pretty decent. If you guys think it would be worth it to push it a little farther let me know and I will get more specific.

you might not have heat problems yet, but it wont post because your memory is too tightly timed for the speed you're running at (from what you've said here)... you'll have to loosen the tRFC, tRD and tRRD and change the Command Rate to 2 to help post at higher frequencies

well it posted it a 3.2 but wasn't stable. Hey I got another question. I think my graphics card or something is friend, because fall out 3 will straight up freeze after a while, then when it comes back all graphics will just be super messed up.

what GPU are you running? what kinda temps are you getting at full load? have you got your GPU OCed? if so, how much??

it sounds like you've just OCed it too far for the voltage through the core... if so, you can either increase the voltage (if temps allow) or step back on the OC a few MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom